Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

53 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And if the coaching staff goes......

The new staff will probably want to pick their own franchise QB.

I honestly think we could have something in Mike White. Dude is a phenomenal pocket passer when given the chance. 

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I honestly think we could have something in Mike White. Dude is a phenomenal pocket passer when given the chance. 

I dunno if I'd use the word "phenomenal", but he is a pretty decent player. I think I had a 3/4 on him - ahead of Rudolph and Lauletta

6 hours ago, Northland said:

A new staff may want their franchise QB.  The question is will Jerry?

I think the question is actually will he along with Stephen and McClay want a new QB? 

Could go either way honestly.

9 minutes ago, Northland said:

Call me a homer.  I think Dak is going to be alright.

Nah, I wouldn't call you a homer...or anyone else who thought so. I'm in the camp that Dak will do just fine and there's legitimate reasoning to think so.

20 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Nah, I wouldn't call you a homer...or anyone else who thought so. I'm in the camp that Dak will do just fine and there's legitimate reasoning to think so.

Hopefully he does so. It's one less thing to worry about drafting. 

Gallup signed today. 4yr, - $3.3m

The club sunk roughly $17.7 million of guaranteed money into signing this class. 

Gallup's signing leaves the Cowboys with just under $9 million in salary cap space. The club will add another $3 million to that total in less than two weeks since it designated cornerback Orlando Scandrick as a post June 1 cut.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/05/21/what-dallas-cowboys-cap-space-looks-like-now-deals-draft-picks-finalized

On 5/21/2018 at 7:33 PM, Desperado82 said:

I think the question is actually will he along with Stephen and McClay want a new QB? 

Could go either way honestly.

The answer is no. They already have Daks future contract budgeted in. SJ said we are seeing these guys who aren't Brady or Rodgers types(referring to Dak) still getting paid, and Daks contract is already in the works. For better or worse, we were stuck with Dak for 10 years after we let Romo walk.

On 5/23/2018 at 9:23 AM, DaBoys said:

The answer is no. They already have Daks future contract budgeted in. SJ said we are seeing these guys who aren't Brady or Rodgers types(referring to Dak) still getting paid, and Daks contract is already in the works. For better or worse, we were stuck with Dak for 10 years after we let Romo walk.

Well he needs to prove it this year first. I think our FO is much smarter than paying a Qb after a down year.

I support Dak for what he has done up till now. That being said he still needs to get to another gear this year. what greater way to prove you are worth that money without having great talent at the WR position ?

On 5/21/2018 at 10:53 AM, Calvert28 said:

If he's as good as Danny White most of us will be pretty happy. 

On 21/05/2018 at 10:19 PM, WizardHawk said:

Gallup signed today. 4yr, - $3.3m

The club sunk roughly $17.7 million of guaranteed money into signing this class. 

Gallup's signing leaves the Cowboys with just under $9 million in salary cap space. The club will add another $3 million to that total in less than two weeks since it designated cornerback Orlando Scandrick as a post June 1 cut.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/05/21/what-dallas-cowboys-cap-space-looks-like-now-deals-draft-picks-finalized

Do you know how Wittens retirement affects this year and next years cap?

Archived