Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Wow LVE isnt? 

Yeah, there are only two LB spots. And we already have Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee. What'd you expect?

I've been saying this since you guys were pounding the table for Roquan Smith 4 months ago.  We lost Hitchens(a 4th rounder) and everybody wanted to replace him in round 1. It didn't make much sense to me. I thought we could have addressed the spot later, with how deep LB was this draft.  

"In a perfect world, you’ve got three guys to play two spots, for your nickel and base stuff,” said defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli. “And then you’ve got your SAM ‘backer – because that’s different. So you’re always looking.”

That’s maybe down the road as we go. Right now, we don’t want to move guys around,” he said. “We want to let guys compete for the starting jobs and do that. We want to keep the competition high, and we’ll see as we go."

19 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Not sure if this is due to his crazy ex....or if the crazy in Irving is rearing its head again. Not a great look for a guy gambling on himself and a big pay day.

He signed his RFA tender, correct?

Wonder if this isn't a holdout of some sorts or...if like you said, he's into something he shouldn't be at the moment. Hopefully it's not the latter.

18 hours ago, couchscout said:

Lewis running with the 2's is just a head scratcher for me

It's kinda subjective. This early the difference between 1's are 2's are just meh with the exception if they are proven veteran on our team (DLaw, Zeke).

I don't think anyone should put much stock into Lewis being with the 2's as much as any young player you are surprised to see with the 1's. 

Now if he is with the 3's.. let's start getting concerned

5 hours ago, atran35 said:

Irving should get one year contracts at this point. Learn the lesson with Death RO and Ratliff. Don't get burn Jerry. 

If Irving puts together a monster season, some team is going to bite on him. It just won't be us more than likely. Remember, this isn't the Jerruh show anymore. 

I will say I don't think this is so much anything reflecting Irving himself, more so an issue with who he chooses to associate with. He has to make better decisions in that regard and I think once he does he'll realize how much simpler things can be. 

7 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

There were some rumors floating around for a minute that Gronk could be moved by the end of the day, but they were promptly shut down by a Pats' beat writer. Hypothetically, what would y'all give up to get him?

Meh...maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Archived