Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Would love to have Williams on the roster, but I'm not worried about Woods play either. I'm expecting big things from him. 

If we could manage to land Thomas and pair him up with Woods and Heath in the backfield....

I'm excited to see how this young defense does under Kris Richard. I think they will be better than people think. I also think people are sleeping in these WRs. Are they elite? No but I think if Dak does what he did his rookie season and just spread it around... the will be just fine. 

1 hour ago, ACO said:

I'm excited to see how this young defense does under Kris Richard. I think they will be better than people think. I also think people are sleeping in these WRs. Are they elite? No but I think if Dak does what he did his rookie season and just spread it around... the will be just fine. 

Agreed on defensive part. Not so sure about that WR part though. I mean if getting separation was an issue with Dez (2.4 avg sep. with 5.1 yd cushion), how are Hurns (2.5 - 5.6) and Thompson(2.5 - 5.8) going to help?  

Not sure I buy the whole separation thing with Dez being the issue anyway, but that's water under the bridge at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, WizardHawk said:

Agreed on defensive part. Not so sure about that WR part though. I mean if getting separation was an issue with Dez (2.4 avg sep. with 5.1 yd cushion), how are Hurns (2.5 - 5.6) and Thompson(2.5 - 5.8) going to help?  

Not sure I buy the whole separation thing with Dez being the issue anyway, but that's water under the bridge at this point. 

I think there were several reasons Dez was cut. Production/drops relative to pay, his emotional and vocal nature, his injuries/reduced athleticism and poor route running. It was super telling on All or Nothing when the coaching staff were discussing if they thought Dez would have a good game based on his interactions before the game even started. 

I rooted hard for Dez. I hop he goes to an AFC team and does awesome. But moving on was best for the Cowboys.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:00 AM, D82 said:

?

I don’t care who “the best” has been. I want to know if any of them are real NFL caliber talent. Because if all we have are 4-5 players who are trash, then “the best” is nothing more than the cream of the crap.

48 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t care who “the best” has been. I want to know if any of them are real NFL caliber talent. Because if all we have are 4-5 players who are trash, then “the best” is nothing more than the cream of the crap.

I mean, that's fair...but I know Jarwin was showing promise last year, too. I think there's something there. 

Archived