Jump to content
WizardHawk

Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

Recommended Posts

^^^ 

I am in a sense, but those aren't bad numbers from Woods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to have Williams on the roster, but I'm not worried about Woods play either. I'm expecting big things from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Would love to have Williams on the roster, but I'm not worried about Woods play either. I'm expecting big things from him. 

If we could manage to land Thomas and pair him up with Woods and Heath in the backfield....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you guys heard anything about the Frisco part of training camp?

At this point last year they had tickets up on ticketmaster but I don't see any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to see how this young defense does under Kris Richard. I think they will be better than people think. I also think people are sleeping in these WRs. Are they elite? No but I think if Dak does what he did his rookie season and just spread it around... the will be just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ACO said:

I'm excited to see how this young defense does under Kris Richard. I think they will be better than people think. I also think people are sleeping in these WRs. Are they elite? No but I think if Dak does what he did his rookie season and just spread it around... the will be just fine. 

Agreed on defensive part. Not so sure about that WR part though. I mean if getting separation was an issue with Dez (2.4 avg sep. with 5.1 yd cushion), how are Hurns (2.5 - 5.6) and Thompson(2.5 - 5.8) going to help?  

Not sure I buy the whole separation thing with Dez being the issue anyway, but that's water under the bridge at this point. 

Edited by WizardHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dez was cut so Dak could lead. Otherwise a pay cut would have been offered. Moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, WizardHawk said:

Agreed on defensive part. Not so sure about that WR part though. I mean if getting separation was an issue with Dez (2.4 avg sep. with 5.1 yd cushion), how are Hurns (2.5 - 5.6) and Thompson(2.5 - 5.8) going to help?  

Not sure I buy the whole separation thing with Dez being the issue anyway, but that's water under the bridge at this point. 

I think there were several reasons Dez was cut. Production/drops relative to pay, his emotional and vocal nature, his injuries/reduced athleticism and poor route running. It was super telling on All or Nothing when the coaching staff were discussing if they thought Dez would have a good game based on his interactions before the game even started. 

 

 

I rooted hard for Dez. I hop he goes to an AFC team and does awesome. But moving on was best for the Cowboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2018 at 8:00 AM, D82 said:

👀

I don’t care who “the best” has been. I want to know if any of them are real NFL caliber talent. Because if all we have are 4-5 players who are trash, then “the best” is nothing more than the cream of the crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t care who “the best” has been. I want to know if any of them are real NFL caliber talent. Because if all we have are 4-5 players who are trash, then “the best” is nothing more than the cream of the crap.

I mean, that's fair...but I know Jarwin was showing promise last year, too. I think there's something there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean, that's fair...but I know Jarwin was showing promise last year, too. I think there's something there. 

Eagles did want him, but still I would like to see game tape from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Eagles did want him, but still I would like to see game tape from him.

Of course. Think we all do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×