Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Im happy that we arent over spending on mediocrity.

Draft well, buy the bit players you need for cheap, and center your team around your franchise caliber and team identity defining players while you can afford them. Your Prescotts, Elliotts, Bryants, Lees, Lawrences. You pay them, tie your money up into them while they are young, and move along. We dont need overpriced mediocrity. Never again.

Geez guys, we really need to read better.

I'm not saying we should be spending like crazy in FA. I merely pointed out that we are the only team in the NFL that hasn't signed an outside FA because that's what the star telegram was reporting.

Then you quoted me saying that we had "signed the 2 top DL FAs on the market" and rhetorically asked why we all overlook it.

I pointed out that we had only tagged Lawrence and it would be better to actually sign him, and that Irving was actually free to sign elsewhere as we speak. The only guy that was signed was Billy Price or Brian Price or whoever but I'm sure that's not who you meant when you were gloating about our steller FA pickups.

Then someone got on me because they somehow gathered that I wanted to sign BOTH Lawrence and Irving for top money 5 year deals just because I pointed out that they were unsigned.

Then you come back at me saying that we need to save our money for guys like Lawrence!

Is this the twilight zone?

Not sure who this guy is or how it is supposed to help our team. Didn't the Raiders sign Smith our former FB? If so, then they obviously believe he is an upgrade over this guy. If that is the case, this reeks of last year's blockbuster FA signings which should have the same end result, this bozo wont even be on the roster by December.

Way to go fossil.

Moving down 19 spots to save $300K feels like a wash. Obviously the key here is if/how we might use Olawale differently than Smith since they’re not the same guy.

I feel like we had a good thing going karmically with all the Smiths on the team though, so meh

41 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Not sure who this guy is or how it is supposed to help our team. Didn't the Raiders sign Smith our former FB? If so, then they obviously believe he is an upgrade over this guy. If that is the case, this reeks of last year's blockbuster FA signings which should have the same end result, this bozo wont even be on the roster by December.

Way to go fossil.

...He used to be on our team. Worse blocker - better WR / Runner.

Re: Olawale -

Runs smooth into a transition block when taking the edge (better than Keith Smith). Overall blocking is not subpar but could use work, although he is much faster to engage than Smith. Good vision in pass protection the few times I could see him set up in such, identifying the right guy and aiding as needed. Sound patience with the ball in his hands, not that he was an offensive focal point. Shifty for a guy his size with the power to shake off a tackler in space, decent receiving skills..a body catcher.

Overall it gives us a decent stretch run lead blocker, and a guy whos just a bit more well rounded than Keith Smith. While he isnt going to isolate a mike linebacker and dig him out of the hole, he does do a bit of everything. For a few slots in a late round of the draft, its not so bad. Versatility is always nice to have.

Just now, Desperado82 said:

He's been hampered by injuries the last couple of seasons, but he's got talent. Would be a nice replacement for Butler.

Unless were replacing TWill or Dez, no point in bringing in other receivers. They won't take Witten off the field. Beasley will still work the slot. Only playing time they get is if someone gets hurt or takes a breather.

Archived