Mock draft version 2.

Crickett

• 3 weeks later...

26. Atlanta Falcons – Taven Bryan, DL – I was not expecting for the Falcons to let all of their free agent defensive lineman walk, but here we are.  Ideally I would have liked to put an offensive lineman or a wide receiver here, but I can’t justify that with no one at under tackle. 

As much as i hate it bro i was right on spot on the FA we let walk i didn't want them to go either like you was thinking but we don't have tons of cap to make it happen captain. 

I like the falcons taking Bryan at SDE + UT   Although Grady Jarrett actually is our UT but Bryan being there as well on pass rushing downs while grady goes to NT on pas rushing downs is a good move as well.   Other than that Bryan would probably be our main SDE on run downs. 

We still need a legit NT somehow and it sucks Tim Settle was taken 1 pick before us in round 2 xD     Still Hayden Hurst is a beast at TE and a exceptional pick and value for us there for sure so no complaints on my end on that.

If we can sneak in a good NT like B.J. Hill in round 3 i think we would have 1 hell of a good 1st 3 rounds if we can take a WR in round 4 or FA to go along with it.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:29 PM, Crickett said:

14. Green Bay Packers – Denzel Ward, CB – Packers fans can pretend all they want that they got one over on the Bears, they clearly wanted a man cover cornerback and didn’t get one.  New Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine knows a thing or two about how important an elite cornerback drafted fourteenth can be.  I’m alluding to Darrelle Revis in case you’re wondering what I’m talking about. 

I'm not sure any rational Packers' fans felt they got one over on the Bears, but I think the notion that the Packers "handed" Fuller back to the Bears to be reasonable.  That being said, Denzel Ward is probably the one non-EDGE prospect that I'd be keen on the Packers taking.  Does put the pressure for the Packers to find an EDGE in the 2nd round though.  Possibly through a trade-up?  Worked well last time.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:29 PM, Crickett said:

45. Green Bay Packers – Hayden Hurst, TE

Yuck.  We just signed Jimmy Graham to a big 3 year contract to be our starting TE, and he's locked into the position for the next two years minimum.  We don't really roll with 2 TEs much, so taking one in the 2nd round isn't going to happen IMO.  Far more likely we go EDGE or WR here.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yuck.  We just signed Jimmy Graham to a big 3 year contract to be our starting TE, and he's locked into the position for the next two years minimum.  We don't really roll with 2 TEs much, so taking one in the 2nd round isn't going to happen IMO.  Far more likely we go EDGE or WR here.

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

The second post is my first 2018 mock draft. 

The second post is my pre-combine mock draft.  I put it there for posterity.  The second round pick for the Packers was D.J. Chark. 

Archived