2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

Don't be surprised if Malik Jefferson (Texas) runs the fastest 40 ever for a LB.  https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/7/8/5881335/5-star-malik-jefferson-posts-absurd-4-38-40-yard-dash-at-the-opening

These Nike Opening times have shown a tendency to correlate to a degree.  Sub-4.4 is probably not gonna happen.  But I can see him running in the 4.4s at 240+ LBS.   That could vault him into 1st round discussion.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Don't be surprised if Malik Jefferson (Texas) runs the fastest 40 ever for a LB.  https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/7/8/5881335/5-star-malik-jefferson-posts-absurd-4-38-40-yard-dash-at-the-opening

These Nike Opening times have shown a tendency to correlate to a degree.  Sub-4.4 is probably not gonna happen.  But I can see him running in the 4.4s at 240+ LBS.   That could vault him into 1st round discussion.

I think Jerome Baker hits the 4.4 mark as well.

2 hours ago, VanS said:

What did Ryan Shazier run?

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

Perhaps better fit at OG?

I don't even know.  I could see it, but he was just a mess last year. He looked so good in '17, but his technique basically reverted back to HS levels.  Terrible feet and hand placement, which is going to hurt worse inside at OG.  I think if you're drafting him early, you're drafting him based on what you think you can get out of what he showed in '16, which means you're definitely drafting him as an OT.

5 hours ago, VanS said:

I would definitely think so, but I doubt he runs that fast???

1 hour ago, Duffman57 said:

I don't even know.  I could see it, but he was just a mess last year. He looked so good in '17, but his technique basically reverted back to HS levels.  Terrible feet and hand placement, which is going to hurt worse inside at OG.  I think if you're drafting him early, you're drafting him based on what you think you can get out of what he showed in '16, which means you're definitely drafting him as an OT.

I have already seen some mocks placing him at OG, so it is not out of the question.

33 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Darnold not throwing. 

Definitely smells a bit like something to hide.  Probably smart for his draft stock though.  Gives him another full month or so to work with coaches to temporarily iron some things out a bit, and put together a controlled show and tell throwing routine that he can tailor to hide some of the ugly in his motion.  While also avoiding the unpleasantness of lining up directly side by each with some of the far more smooth, natural throwers at the combine for a clear in person comparison.  Having his mechanics torn to shreds in contrast.  

Archived