2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

He could probably play there, but why? His best attribute is his man coverage ability. And cornerbacks are infinitely more valuable than free safeties are. I would take Derwin James over him if I needed a safety, but I don't doubt that he could play there. It just doesn't make sense to move him to FS when he's so good at corner. I think he's an A prospect as a corner and a B+ prospect as a FS.

I ask because I think there's a case for him also being the best safety prospect in this draft. But I wouldn't move him for the reasons you mentioned.

If someone can get past the past legal issues (i.e. they're convinced it's behind him) creating the character concern with J.C. Jackson, that team is going to get themselves a major steal in this draft (since he's likely not going before the 3rd or 4th round).  All the physical tools are there and his hips are loose as hell.  There's so real Josh Norman potential there.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah Denzel Ward is a freak. He's my #3 rated player overall and the combine didn't make me question it one bit. He's as shutdown as they come in coverage and has the freaky athletic numbers to back it up. Do I wish he was bigger? Sure, but dudes that don't allow an inch of separation frustrate big WR's. I very rarely see corners lose in the NFL because they weren't big enough to cover someone. And Ward isn't Tye Hill. He's not really short, not really skinny, and physicality is a staple of his playing style.

The Antoine Winfield comps are real.  And that's not a bad thing in the slightest.  Honestly, at worst, I think you can stick him in a man-heavy scheme and get prime Brent Grimes/pre-injuries Lardarius Webb level production out of him.

Edit: The Dunta Robinson comp was a good one, too.

37 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

Consensus views on Josh Jackson after today’s workouts?

He did exactly what I thought he would. He's a great fit in a heavy blitz zone scheme, a terrible fit in a man scheme. His ball production will translate, but I expect him to get roasted quite often as well. He's Josh Norman. I expect him to get drafted in the middle to late 1st round.

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He did exactly what I thought he would. He's a great fit in a heavy blitz zone scheme, a terrible fit in a man scheme. His ball production will translate, but I expect him to get roasted quite often as well. He's Josh Norman. I expect him to get drafted in the middle to late 1st round.

Was going to say the same thing. I learned nothing new about Josh Jackson today. 

53 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

At work, the google doc link isn't working, and NFL/WF aren't updating - are the drills done?   Anyone have a link with the 3-cone/shuttles and vert/broad?

mockdraftable.com has largely updated their information, if you want to check specific profiles. NFL.com is also  updating information. Here's one of my favorite dark horses for a 1st round push: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/justin-reid?id=32462018-0002-5601-9880-2ac673bf0eed

Archived