Duck's Draft Central

Da_Ducktator

31 minutes ago, Super4 said:

I really appreciate the work you're putting into this, and will be watching it closely.  I can say I don't agree with your assesment of Christian Kirk though.  Can you tell me why you have him so low?

I didn't think I had Kirk very low! But I know he is getting some 1st round talk. I like his explosiveness overall and think he can be a solid receiver and really good return man. But as a receiver, I don't think he attacks the ball with his hands well. Best-case scenario I could see him being a Greg Jennings type but I'm not sure he ever reaches that.

6 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I didn't think I had Kirk very low! But I know he is getting some 1st round talk. I like his explosiveness overall and think he can be a solid receiver and really good return man. But as a receiver, I don't think he attacks the ball with his hands well. Best-case scenario I could see him being a Greg Jennings type but I'm not sure he ever reaches that.

See this is where I disagree with most people.  I think I have him as #1 or #2 at the WR position.  I do agree he doesn't attack the football as much as I would like, but that's coaching also.  I think he has all the ability to become a poor man's OBJ.

13 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Do you think DJ Moore could make it to pick #52 for the Ravens?

I certainly think so. I believe Moore is one of those types that, barring a blazing forty, isn't going to appeal as a 1st rounder. I love his overall game though and think height is one of the few knocks on him. He has a complete game at the position.

11 minutes ago, Super4 said:

See this is where I disagree with most people.  I think I have him as #1 or #2 at the WR position.  I do agree he doesn't attack the football as much as I would like, but that's coaching also.  I think he has all the ability to become a poor man's OBJ.

Guess we're going to have to respectfully disagree. I think getting the triangle up and attacking the ball with your hands is something that moreso gets engrained into players with years and years of doing it. It's not going to be a quick fix by any means and not one I would bank on to elevate him from being a solid #2/Return man to an All-Pro level.

I am really intrigued to see how the Combine goes for a few guys I think are really underrated. The main three for me would be Josh Adams (reminds me of DeMarco Murray in his running style, just doesn't catch like De), Jester Weah (big receiver from a great lineage with good speed to boot), and Frank Ragnow (I think this is a loaded center class, but Ragnow is the best and reminds me a lot of Travis Frederick).

• 1 month later...

UPDATED

Final Offensive Rankings are up.

Defensive line rankings are up.

Linebackers, Corners, and Safeties will be up Monday.

Big Board Tuesday.

Final Mock on Wednesday.

Will likely post some scouting reports of some of my top 100 guys. Requests for those I would be open to as well since I've watched and typed up so much, I likely have the equivalent of a full report ready to go, just would need to format it.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Also, I took out a lot of the stuff I had in their previous to make it more mobile-friendly. I believe anybody on phone now should be able to easily navigate the rankings without it being so compressed as it was before.

41 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

He doesn't really do a lot for me as a passer. I thought he was a fine college QB and I know he's gotten a bit of interest, but I just never found myself particularly piqued by his talent.

At least your honest. I'm definitely more of a fan than a legitimate objective observer. I just heard he's been rising.

59 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

At least your honest. I'm definitely more of a fan than a legitimate objective observer. I just heard he's been rising.

I had seen him evaluating Thomas Owens (who I had gradually dropped and dropped throughout the year and then he ran a 4.78 at 201 lbs. And I was out). I mainly thought McGough didn't show a good arm and the high majority of his big plays came on scrambles. Didn't see him drop and deliver strikes from the pocket much and he has to put a lot of effort into his throws from the pocket. Gutsy kid, decent athlete for the position, but I think he is lacking as a passer to be anything more than a practice squad guy at the next level.

15 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I had seen him evaluating Thomas Owens (who I had gradually dropped and dropped throughout the year and then he ran a 4.78 at 201 lbs. And I was out). I mainly thought McGough didn't show a good arm and the high majority of his big plays came on scrambles. Didn't see him drop and deliver strikes from the pocket much and he has to put a lot of effort into his throws from the pocket. Gutsy kid, decent athlete for the position, but I think he is lacking as a passer to be anything more than a practice squad guy at the next level.

Appreciate the input. Owens ran a 4.78? Gross.

Archived