Bennett keeps his signing bonus from Packers

ricky

Martellus Bennett gets to keep his entire signing bonus because he was signed by the Patriots. An arbitrator apparently decided this was good enough to be signed by another team, the Packers didn't have enough evidence to waive him. Or something. Here's a link, and you can come to your own conclusions: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/27/system-arbitrator-rules-for-martellus-bennett-in-signing-bonus-fight/

30 minutes ago, ricky said:

Martellus Bennett gets to keep his entire signing bonus because he was signed by the Patriots. An arbitrator apparently decided this was good enough to be signed by another team, the Packers didn't have enough evidence to waive him. Or something. Here's a link, and you can come to your own conclusions: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/27/system-arbitrator-rules-for-martellus-bennett-in-signing-bonus-fight/

collusion b/t marty and NE. 

What a botched signing all around ... not all the Packers fault, but odd that they couldn't have worked something out with Cook to begin with.  I figure Bennett would be on his best behavior for a year or two, and then turn into a knucklehead.  Wasn't meant to be.  An expensive mistake by the Packers.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just want to know what possessed Thompson to sign him.  It was a completely out of character signing for Thompson. 

He wanted to add a really good player to the Packers and Cook and his agent were wasting his time.

Or Gute signed him because he's been the GM since last off-season.

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

It was Elliott Wolf's idea.  Good thing he is gone.  

(I just made that up, but it makes me feel better)

Don't worry, this was suggested many times then. We know why he didn't get the job!

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He wanted to add a really good player to the Packers and Cook and his agent were wasting his time.

Literally nothing about this answer suggests Ted Thompson.  If Cook was taking too long, Thompson took a nap and someone else signed Bennett. 

I don't blame anyone but Bennett for this mess.  He was the one who quit and tried to throw others under the bus.  I can't see another team outside of NE who will bother with this locker room cancer.  What a waste.  If we want to blame anyone, let's blame Cook's agent for overplaying his hand.

33 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't blame anyone but Bennett for this mess.  He was the one who quit and tried to throw others under the bus.  I can't see another team outside of NE who will bother with this locker room cancer.  What a waste.  If we want to blame anyone, let's blame Cook's agent for overplaying his hand.

I won't do that.  Cook's agent was doing his job.  Get the most for his client (and himself) for his services.  It is neither Thompson's, nor Cook's agent's fault that Martellus Bennett is a thief and a turd.

Bennett wanted to come to GB and as soon as Aaron went down, he gave up. I was on a business trip to Framingham, MA at the time and the local radio there thought the situation was very sketchy and were reluctant to bring Marty B back.

Archived