2018 NFL Combine Talk

G08

22 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Saquon reminds me of Aaron Donald in 2014. He’s just checking boxes all day long. Nelson too.

Man I had the biggest draft crush on Donald that year... missed by one effin' pick 

I wish I had an inkling as to what we want to do in round 2. There should be some solid WRs/CBs/OLBs/OL available when we pick there.

Personally, I love taking WRs or CBs there.

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

Cleavland could easily go Barkley one mayfield four 

that would be some great RPOs 

If I were Cleveland, that’s what I’d do. Barkley at #1 and whichever QB I like best that was left at 4.

43 minutes ago, IotaNet said:

If I were Cleveland, that’s what I’d do. Barkley at #1 and whichever QB I like best that was left at 4.

I'd imagine they would have to have a favorite though. If you think one is head and shoulders better you take him, IDC if Barkley is sitting there or not. It is much easier to get a quality back than a franchise QB. If you think everyone in this draft is Flacco (normal, not epic playoff run Flacco) then you pass on them. Missing on 5 potential franchise QBs in the first when they had the card ready is a massive issue, if they miss out again because of taking a HB, ooph. .  

Just for context, I like Rosen the best, but none of the QBs in this draft would be in the top 3 from last years draft for me. I'd take Tru, Watson, or Mahomes before any of them. I know @G08 and me led the Mahomes train for what, six months? lol

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'd imagine they would have to have a favorite though. If you think one is head and shoulders better you take him, IDC if Barkley is sitting there or not. It is much easier to get a quality back than a franchise QB. If you think everyone in this draft is Flacco (normal, not epic playoff run Flacco) then you pass on them. Missing on 5 potential franchise QBs in the first when they had the card ready is a massive issue, if they miss out again because of taking a HB, ooph. .  

Just for context, I like Rosen the best, but none of the QBs in this draft would be in the top 3 from last years draft for me. I'd take Tru, Watson, or Mahomes before any of them. I know @G08 and me led the Mahomes train for what, six months? lol

At least lol... that dude is going to be a blast to watch the next 10 years.

I’ve done basically zero research on the QBs this year. It’s really a nice mental break. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ballage top 5 today in 40 yard dash (4.46), 3-cone (6.91) and broad jump (122”) at 6-1 227. ? 

My guy right there. Flying my full alma mater bias flag with no shame too. 

I'm doing the same with Taven Bryan. Can't wait to see him go off.

I'm doing the same with Taven Bryan. Can't wait to see him go off.

My #1 favorite prospect for Pick 39 right now. Dude is about as tailor made for that Justin Smith role in Vics D as you’re gunna find.

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ballage top 5 today in 40 yard dash (4.46), 3-cone (6.91) and broad jump (122”) at 6-1 227. ? 

My guy right there. Flying my full alma mater bias flag with no shame too. 

I like Ballage with one of our 4th rounders, but I worry that his good combine and Senior Bowl are going to boost his draft stack higher than it should really go.

His fumble rate was a bit scary, and he runs very high... I think he ends up being drafted to be a feature back after his SB/Combine.... but his best fit is honestly a team like ours where he can replace Cunningham and be Howard's backup or at most half of a running back tandem.  He's big enough to run with some power, and has rather excellent hands out of the backfield. I think Howard and him could make a really potent duo long term, and I think he'll need to be somewhat protected from by not being "the guy" on account of his running style otherwise shortening his shelf life if he gets too many carries.

Archived