2018 NFL Combine Talk

G08

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Really doesnt look like a top 10 pick in any way shape or form.  Cetainly doesnt fit Paces first round mold at all.

I think WR at 8 is far more on fan radars than the team’s radar personally. If he’s our guy though he verified his speed and measurements to be what I expected. I’m less concerned about the other things. His vertical isn’t elite but his game is built on speed, route running ability and YAC, not winning 50/50 jump balls. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think WR at 8 is far more on fan radars than the team’s radar personally. If he’s our guy though he verified his speed and measurements to be what I expected. I’m less concerned about the other things. His vertical isn’t elite but his game is built on speed, route running ability and YAC, not winning 50/50 jump balls. 

True, if this was a draft thin at WR then that would drive up his value, but there are talents that seem worthy of 2nd and 3rd round picks coming out of the woodwork, and while I like Ridley he still isn't someone I expect to be a top WR any time soon.

I loved seeing Callaway still showed serious speed, Sutton showed better COD than I expected.

EDIT - Callaway tracked the horrendous throw from Jackson, while it was too short and on the wrong shoulder, but he snatched it with just his hands below his knees. Not bad for being away that long.

Gallup is smooth leaning out to track it but didn't run hard.

Lazard was quick on his adjustment.

Ateman made a nice catch in stride, flashed hands late showing he has experience doing it. That gives the DB less time to react. 

On 2/28/2018 at 9:03 PM, WindyCity said:

God Pace is a good looking man.

Not sure he can sign FAs worth a damn, but he is some sort of handsome.

tumblr_okmnewwQRe1qmob6ro1_500.gif

11 hours ago, G08 said:

If he's there at 5 I don't see how Elway passes him up.

Elway has signed Cousins? 

Watching it now. Had work today-

J'Mon Moore didn't run as well as he does in game but his hands were great in the gauntlet.  Shower good COD

St. Brown lets the ball get too close to his body. Ran well but that is a bad habit that's hard to break.

Sutton has great hands, natural hand catcher, very smooth.

Seeing Griffen ( with one hand) do 20 reps with a prosthetic hand was amazing (Kyle Long agreed). Love that kind of drive, because you know he constantly heard what he "couldn't" do.

Dissly is a big strong guy and had pretty soft hands in the gauntlet. If he is as good a blocker as they are saying, I'd like to see if he can play FB too. He shouldn't be drafted in the top 5 rounds IMO, might be worth a flier to see if he can be a lead blocker. I like when FBs have soft hands, since I don't expect to see another Lorenzo Neal any time soon.

16 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

I’m not sure he is even on Pace’s draft board. Rumor is the bears love Jackson. 

I don't believe any rumors of who the Bears like anymore. But Jackson's build does kind of fit what I'd imagine in a Vic Fangio corner.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I've been holding out hope that Harold Landry has a poor Combine so he falls into the 2nd, since he seems undervalued.

No chance in hell.

I would take Harold Landry at 8, and I’ve been on that since December. He’s THAT GUY for me. I think he’s gonna be really good really quickly. I think he’s a game changing player right away. 

Archived