2018 NFL Combine Talk

G08

3 hours ago, G08 said:

D.J. Moore: 6'0" 210 lbs (curious to see what he runs)

D.J. Chark: 6'027" 199 lbs (this kid can flat-out fly)

I follow a lot of LSU beat guys, and IIRC they have said for years that Chark is the fastest guy on the team. A team that's included Fournette, Tre White, and a track guy like Donte Jackson.

Just now, Blaize4488 said:

I follow a lot of LSU beat guys, and IIRC they have said for years that Chark is the fastest guy on the team. A team that's included Fournette, Tre White, and a track guy like Donte Jackson.

That kid can flat-out-fly. He's a bit of a one trick pony but I wouldn't hate him in the bottom of round 2.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Calvin Ridley is a little small

6'

189lbs

9 1/8" hands

He’s not gonna fit the prototypical #1 WR mold of a guy who’s 6-2 210+ but that’s not who he is going to be asked to be either. For a speed receiver he’s actually bigger than many of them:

OBJ 5-11 198

Hilton 5-9 178

Hill 5-10 185

Cooks 5-10 189

Stills 6-1 196

Richardson 6-0 183 

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Calvin Ridley is a little small

6'

189lbs

9 1/8" hands

It’s a mixed bag. I’d like him one inch taller but 190 is a good weight for him. I don’t think this changes his draft stock at all. He is a fringe top 10 guy that will get pushed up the board based on his position 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s not gonna fit the prototypical #1 WR mold of a guy who’s 6-2 210+ but that’s not who he is going to be asked to be either. For a speed receiver he’s actually bigger than many of them:

OBJ 5-11 198

Hilton 5-9 178

Hill 5-10 185

Cooks 5-10 189

Stills 6-1 196

Richardson 6-0 183 

None of those guys went top 10, and only Cooks & OBJ went in the first at all.  WR in the first is already a crapshoot anyways, its a lot harder to take that gamble when the guy isnt the prototype.  Add in that hes also older than you would like, I think hes a first rounder, but i think hes going to go a lot lower than people are predicting.  I also think Sutton has a chance to catch him on the boards this weekend.

21 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Today’s is good. Pretty entertaining interview with McAfee.

When McAfee was talking about his chugging, it struck a cord with me. I've only been beaten head to head once ever, but i've slowly lost some of my talent since college. still great though :/

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

None of those guys went top 10, and only Cooks & OBJ went in the first at all.  WR in the first is already a crapshoot anyways, its a lot harder to take that gamble when the guy isnt the prototype.  Add in that hes also older than you would like, I think hes a first rounder, but i think hes going to go a lot lower than people are predicting.  I also think Sutton has a chance to catch him on the boards this weekend.

Others who were less successful than the guys I listed but were expected to fill a similar role and not on the list were also 1st round picks (Ginn, Austin & Ross were all top 10 too), but your point about WR being a crap shoot is completely agreed upon. Windy said he was a little small and I was just pointing out that he really isn’t. I don’t have Ridley in the top 10 personally but I’d get it if he was our pick there and wouldn’t be upset about it. For a guy with his skill set Nagy’s offense is an ideal fit and puts him in the best spot to be successful.

The age thing doesn’t bother me at all. He’s 23 (born Dec 1994). Yes, I’d prefer he was 21 but realistically whoever gets him should get 7+ years of his absolute athletic peak. If he’s good then that’s 100% worth a top 20 pick to me. If he plays out the entirety of a 1st round rookie deal he’ll still be hitting FA heading into his age 28 season. His age shouldn’t be preclusive at all. 

Archived