The Allen Robinson Thread

.Buzz

Kind of interesting the difference in tone with what Marrone and Caldwell seem to be saying about ARob.  The coach very much seems to want him back and thinks he's basically a "must keep".  The GM is more cold on it all.  Have to think/hope that's just some public negotiation posturing.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Caldwell's comments were anything but warm and fuzzy.

Not sure if it a negotiating stance or whether Robinson is too expensive?

Considering the restructure of Bortles and the current amount of cap space we have, I highly doubt it.

Feel like it's a negotating tactic. Otherwise it's weird AF that Marrone came out and spoke so highly of him and brought up the tag if they can't get a long-term deal done by himself.

4 minutes ago, VLoo said:

I will start a Goddamn riot

I would be mad but I would understand, I guess.

he did have a disappointing year in 2016 and did just miss all of 2017. They also did just win 12 games without him this past season. 

Maybe they want to focus on upgrading the O-Line in FA? Norwell, Sitton, Pugh and etc.

If they tagged A-Rob at 16M, then you’re at 16M in cap space and based on Caldwell’s comments at the combine, they probably wouldn’t be able to be aggressive then in FA.

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

he did have a disappointing year in 2016 and did just miss all of 2017. They also did just win 12 games without him this past season. 

Maybe they want to focus on upgrading the O-Line in FA? Norwell, Sitton, Pugh and etc.

If they tagged A-Rob at 16M, then you’re at 16M in cap space and based on Caldwell’s comments at the combine, they probably wouldn’t be able to be aggressive then in FA.

Honestly I'd be upset but I can't blame them if he's at that $/tag is only option.

I want ARob back, he's good. But he did have a bit of a rough go at it in 2016 as you said. Now he's coming off an ACL. 

Hope we get him extended but if not we'll put that space to use with other pieces.

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

The thing is, getting more weapons around Bortles has to be a top priority.  And honestly, what other WR (on the FA market or in the draft this year) is going to be better than ARob?  Assuming he's healthy at least...

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The thing is, getting more weapons around Bortles has to be a top priority.  And honestly, what other WR (on the FA market or in the draft this year) is going to be better than ARob?  Assuming he's healthy at least...

Cant imagine we’d trade for Landry or Bryant either. Neither are as good and Landry would cost a ton too

Archived