The Allen Robinson Thread

.Buzz

Just now, .Buzz said:

He really wasn't. This isn't to say Blake didn't play some part in it, but he didn't look like the same caliber WR in 2016. Wasn't JUST because Blake had a rough year.

The whole entire team looked bad in 2016 (sans some defensive players). 

I am going to purchase game pass and watch the 2016 film. I have more faith in Robinson than any other player returning from that 2016 offense. 

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

A-Rob had 7 drops in the first 6 games in 2016...

He had a 5 game stretch where he totaled, 11 catches for 105 yards.....

He wasn’t good in 2016. Pretty sure A-Rob even admitted that. Lol

Tell me what 5 game stretch that was so I can go watch it. See for myself because I don't trust these guys random stats. The film is where it'll be at. If I see him open on the routes, missed passes, etc. I'll come back with that. If I see him not getting separation and dropping open passes, I'll make sure to note that. 

3 minutes ago, Jags said:

The whole entire team looked bad in 2016 (sans some defensive players). 

I am going to purchase game pass and watch the 2016 film. I have more faith in Robinson than any other player returning from that 2016 offense. 

Well he's the most talented of that bunch...so I would hope so.

This doesn't mean that he can't bounce back, but I can also send why they aren't willing to do anything to bring him back. Bad 2016, torn acl, etc.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Well he's the most talented of that bunch...so I would hope so.

This doesn't mean that he can't bounce back, but I can also send why they aren't willing to do anything to bring him back. Bad 2016, torn acl, etc.

I understand. The injury (second time I believe) is difficult, but this is Allen Robinson we're talking about. He can make the plays required all over the field and he's hard working, humble, and easy to love. He makes the 50-50 catches and he'll make DBs look silly often. We have the playmaker the team needs on the outside, but they're refusing to pay him. Come to some kind of an agreement or throw on the doggone tag! 

Get rid of Lee and draft a sleeper like Jaleel Scott (sorry I had to throw that in there). We have players to replace Lee (Cole and Westbrook), but no one to replace Robinson. He was obviously that missing offensive piece in 2017. How many times did you or a fellow Jaguars fan say "man if that was Allen Robinson it would've been caught or been 6" in the 2017 season? 

2 minutes ago, Jags said:

I understand. The injury (second time I believe) is difficult, but this is Allen Robinson we're talking about. He can make the plays required all over the field and he's hard working, humble, and easy to love. He makes the 50-50 catches and he'll make DBs look silly often. We have the playmaker the team needs on the outside, but they're refusing to pay him. Come to some kind of an agreement or throw on the doggone tag! 

Get rid of Lee and draft a sleeper like Jaleel Scott (sorry I had to throw that in there). We have players to replace Lee (Cole and Westbrook), but no one to replace Robinson. He was obviously that missing offensive piece in 2017. How many times did you or a fellow Jaguars fan say "man if that was Allen Robinson it would've been caught or been 6" in the 2017 season? 

I'm all for letting Lee walk. I want ARob back. But it doesn't mean I don't get the logic behind their thoughts. ARob fell off in 2016, no doubt about it. He had season ending injuries in his first year and then again this past season. He is likely going to be working back into form for a good portion of this season as it'll take time. I get what they're likely thinking.

I'd still pay him as again, we don't have any receivers like him and it showed last year. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm all for letting Lee walk. I want ARob back. But it doesn't mean I don't get the logic behind their thoughts. ARob fell off in 2016, no doubt about it. He had season ending injuries in his first year and then again this past season. He is likely going to be working back into form for a good portion of this season as it'll take time. I get what they're likely thinking.

I'd still pay him as again, we don't have any receivers like him and it showed last year. 

We can agree on letting Lee walk, but even after his injury in 2014 (foot-related) he came back and ripped the league up in 2015. The injuries would be a reason for trying to avoid the franchise tag, but they have to get the guy signed. 2016 was a down year for him and the team, but I'll watch the tape because it's the off-season and besides studying prospect I know we have no chance of sniffing (Nelson, James, Barkley, Chubb, etc.) I have nothing better to do. 

He's missed 21 out of 64 total possible regular season games. He's accounting for around 68% of games in the regular season, which is not too good. When he does play he's good for 4.7 catches, 66 yards and 0.5 TDs. That's just the stats. If you watch the tape, he's consistently beat 1 on 1's, dominated 50-50 passes and demanded double coverage on occasion. Allen Robinson is the real deal when it comes to number 1 WRs in the NFL and although he doesn't deserve to be paid like a top tier one (Brown, Julio, Green, Hopkins, or Becham even) he does deserve to be paid for what he can do when healthy and playing on the field.  

49 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

A-Rob had 7 drops in the first 6 games in 2016...

He had a 5 game stretch where he totaled, 11 catches for 105 yards.....

He wasn’t good in 2016. Pretty sure A-Rob even admitted that. Lol

I found it. Det-Hou of 2016. I'll watch and get back into here. 

I just want to note before starting the film that Blake Bortles threw for 858 yards through that 5 game span (171 per game), 5 TDs, 5 INTS, with a completion percentage of 53%. Chris Ivory missed 2 of those games and totaled 127 yards rushing (3.5 YPR), 86 receiving (12.2 YPC), and 2 TDs in the 3 games he did play. Yeldon played all 5 and got 175 rushing (3.6 YPR), 77 receiving yards (4.3 YPC), and no scores over 5 games. 

3 hours ago, Jags said:

This team better bring back A-Rob. Forget what he's asking for. He is needed. He's that receiving star this team is needing. Let Lee walk and possibly trade Hurns, but you get A-Rob back here!

We need 2 of the 3 imo. All 3 have injuries now so you cant just rely on the rooks

16 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Saw on the bottom line of ESPN that Schefter said we aren’t expected to tag him. 

He is gone.

The FO clearly has a plan. Hopefully addressing the O-Line is in that plan.

I wouldn't say it's a lock he's gone, but it's definitely under 50 percent I'd say. Seems like for the last week it's been pretty obvious we aren't as we don't value him at the 16M mark.

I'm really REALLY reallly REAAAAALLLY hoping they have a plan here, because letting ARob go is beyond ridiculous in my opinion. 2016 aside, in which the entire team was a dumpster fire, was clearly the best player on offense, if not the entire team. Even in his brief time this season (and granted Jalen and AJ missed a lot of camp), but he was flat out dominant vs. whoever was lined up against him.

There was a post by the BCC guys on who the offensive MVP was and here was the list: Cam Robinson, Fournette, Linder, and Cole.

Seriously. Look at that list again.

Cam Robinson, who played well early in the season but struggled at the end (possibly due to injuries).

Fournette, ye of sub 4 ypc (which is even boosted by two gigantic 90+ back to back runs in two games), and who wasn't missed at all on the games he didn't play.

Linder, who really is our best Oline..but also missed games. Also, one of our better running games (Pittsburgh), I believe he didn't play in.

And Cole...who didn't emerge until the 2nd half of the season.

Even if we say that the list was clearly biased in not having Blake in there, I mean, let's face it...this team hid Bortles as best as they could to try and limit his mistakes. Our gameplan was basically make the opposing team make a mistake vs. our elite defense, and score enough points to outlast them.

This team is so devoid of legit stars on offense that letting one of our possible true stars (albeit coming off injury) sounds bonkers to me.

I know guys like Yann, Jalen, and Myles are going to need extension soon and are the backbone of our defense. But go take a look at that defense and more importantly, their salaries. 

Fowler is gonna be due his 5th year option soon and young pass rushers for sure will get paid. Here's what they look like in 2020 pre-june 1st (so basically after the 2019-2020 season):

Malik (13.75M cap savings, $2M dead money) , Dareus (14.6M savings, 0 dead money), and Campbell  (15M savings, 2.5 dead money) are likely done in 2-3 years (Dareus possibly after this season based on contract). Church (6.75 savings, 0 dead money) and Gipson (8.5 savings, 800kdead money) will be candidate for salary cuts soon too (the front load of their contract almost over).

This means, that in as early as two years, this team will undergo a possible identity change as the older players on this defense age and are let go. Its going to need a major infusion of talent, and while the defense has guys like Yann/Jalen/Myles/Telvin to carry the torch, there is no one on the offense (with the possible exception of Fournette) that is going to scare defenses.

14 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

I'm really REALLY reallly REAAAAALLLY hoping they have a plan here, because letting ARob go is beyond ridiculous in my opinion. 2016 aside, in which the entire team was a dumpster fire, was clearly the best player on offense, if not the entire team. Even in his brief time this season (and granted Jalen and AJ missed a lot of camp), but he was flat out dominant vs. whoever was lined up against him.

There was a post by the BCC guys on who the offensive MVP was and here was the list: Cam Robinson, Fournette, Linder, and Cole.

Seriously. Look at that list again.

Cam Robinson, who played well early in the season but struggled at the end (possibly due to injuries).

Fournette, ye of sub 4 ypc (which is even boosted by two gigantic 90+ back to back runs in two games), and who wasn't missed at all on the games he didn't play.

Linder, who really is our best Oline..but also missed games. Also, one of our better running games (Pittsburgh), I believe he didn't play in.

And Cole...who didn't emerge until the 2nd half of the season.

Even if we say that the list was clearly biased in not having Blake in there, I mean, let's face it...this team hid Bortles as best as they could to try and limit his mistakes. Our gameplan was basically make the opposing team make a mistake vs. our elite defense, and score enough points to outlast them.

This team is so devoid of legit stars on offense that letting one of our possible true stars (albeit coming off injury) sounds bonkers to me.

I know guys like Yann, Jalen, and Myles are going to need extension soon and are the backbone of our defense. But go take a look at that defense and more importantly, their salaries. 

Fowler is gonna be due his 5th year option soon and young pass rushers for sure will get paid. Here's what they look like in 2020 pre-june 1st (so basically after the 2019-2020 season):

Malik (13.75M cap savings, $2M dead money) , Dareus (14.6M savings, 0 dead money), and Campbell  (15M savings, 2.5 dead money) are likely done in 2-3 years (Dareus possibly after this season based on contract). Church (6.75 savings, 0 dead money) and Gipson (8.5 savings, 800kdead money) will be candidate for salary cuts soon too (the front load of their contract almost over).

This means, that in as early as two years, this team will undergo a possible identity change as the older players on this defense age and are let go. Its going to need a major infusion of talent, and while the defense has guys like Yann/Jalen/Myles/Telvin to carry the torch, there is no one on the offense (with the possible exception of Fournette) that is going to scare defenses.

Think this is too far, but I largely agree. 

On the points I disagree with, our most talented/best pieces on offense outside of Linder were rookies a year ago (LF, Cam, Dede, Cole). All of which certainly have showed upside of being able to be serious weapons. Latter two I don't see #1 types in of course, but they we're awfully impressive with what they had to go through year one (Dede missing 10 games, Cole making the leap from a small college to being thrusted in the starting lineup by midseason and the stage not being too big for him).

ARob was getting his lunch taken when he got matched up with Jalen though. ARob got so heated for getting beat constantly because Jalen was always in his ear jawing. Now I know Jalen may very well be the best corner in the game, but still.

Archived