The Allen Robinson Thread

.Buzz

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

we could have afforded it with the contracts given to Lee and Moncrief but course it makes 2 much sense to keep your number 1 WR when u can have a Billion #2/3 types

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk what the $ was for Moncrief but i just assumed signing Norwell was the nail in the coffin

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

MONCRIEF GOT 7 GOOD GAWD

Yeah.  7 as a baseline...with potential to go a fair bit higher.

That's what makes this whole thing kinda burn extra.  They're spending more on Lee+Moncrief, than what ARob signed for.  As long as ARob isn't seriously damaged goods, i know which option i'd prefer.  Easily.  And i like Moncrief even.  It's just...ugh.  Collecting middling pieces with a litany of nagging injury problems, over a #1WR with one major injury that he should be able to bounce back from.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That's what makes this whole thing kinda burn extra.  They're spending more on Lee+Moncrief, than what ARob signed for.  As long as ARob isn't seriously damaged goods, i know which option i'd prefer.  Easily.  And i like Moncrief even.  It's just...ugh.  Collecting middling pieces with a litany of nagging injury problems, over a #1WR with one major injury that he should be able to bounce back from.

you know Jags gotta Jag

u know what i mean

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You do realize that ARob hasn’t exactly been a piller of good health himself. ARob contribution for this team was 17 yards last year. Barring him willing to comeback and play for 10-12 mill a yr it wasn’t going to happen. No receiver outside of AB, OBJ, or Julio is worth over 13 mill a yr. Even based on ARobs 16 regardless of how bad Blake was ARob dropped a lot of balls himself. Do those numbers justify him making 16 mil a year? So you expect a franchise to essentially do a 1 year rental for 16 mil based off his 16 numbers and coming off an acl to equate good business sense in paying a guy 16 mil. At this point ARob was a luxury what were you going to do next yr when the market forced you to pay Mike Evans money? This team knows it’s identity it’s to be physical hence where all the big money is paid out in this team is to be physical in the trenches..  ARob isn’t in that plan because he wanted to earn his full market value sooooo..You cut sling now.

to put in perspective Chiefs paid often injured Sammy Watkins 14 mill a yr annually.. and he caught 39 balls last year. Be thankful your front office isn’t that retarded.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

You do realize that ARob hasn’t exactly been a piller of good health himself. ARob contribution for this team was 17 yards last year. Barring him willing to comeback and play for 10-12 mill a yr it wasn’t going to happen. No receiver outside of AB, OBJ, or Julio is worth over 13 mill a yr. Even based on ARobs 16 regardless of how bad Blake was ARob dropped a lot of balls himself. Do those numbers justify him making 16 mil a year? So you expect a franchise to essentially do a 1 year rental for 16 mil based off his 16 numbers and coming off an acl to equate good business sense in paying a guy 16 mil. At this point ARob was a luxury what were you going to do next yr when the market forced you to pay Mike Evans money? This team knows it’s identity it’s to be physical hence where all the big money is paid out in this team is to be physical in the trenches..  ARob isn’t in that plan because he wanted to earn his full market value sooooo..You cut sling now.

to put in perspective Chiefs paid often injured Sammy Watkins 14 mill a yr annually.. and he caught 39 balls last year. Be thankful your front office isn’t that retarded.

I thought Watkins got 16?

Archived