Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
INbengalfan

Rookie Nicknames

11 posts in this topic

INbengalfan    33

I know we normally don't do things like this, but a good one crossed my mind yesterday.  Please add any you feel would apply.

 

Joe Mixon- The Dark Knight-   He may not be the player everyone wanted us to draft, but he  assuredly is the RB we all need.

John Ross- I want to say "Flash", but that would be pretty heavy on the Justice League stuff.  But that movie is just months away, so I'll leave it.

 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theJ    50

I am terrible at nick names.  I like the the Dark Knight.  Though it may be too long for continued use.

Do any of the rookies have any nicknames already?  I haven't heard of any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
INbengalfan    33
1 hour ago, theJ said:

I am terrible at nick names.  I like the the Dark Knight.  Though it may be too long for continued use.

Do any of the rookies have any nicknames already?  I haven't heard of any.

Not that I've heard.  I was inspired by some poster on CJ that started calling Peerman the Running Reverend  a few months back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John "R.I.P." Ross

- he leaves you dead in your tracks

Joe "MOJO" Mixon

- he's got that extra something 

Jordan "Whatchu Talkin Bout" Willis

keep your mouth shut

Carl "Judge" Lawson

- brings justice to opposing QBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theJ    50

I know he's not a rookie, but I saw this one on Twitter and thought it was great. 

Andre Smith - Andre the Hut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theJ    50
2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Is gonna get cut...

I think so too.  The coaches decision sit in a preseason game is pretty telling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrCincinnati    27
4 hours ago, theJ said:

I think so too.  The coaches decision sit in a preseason game is pretty telling.

Even if he doesn't start, he would be a very valuable backup piece to keep around. It might make a guy like Eric Winston get cut instead. I know isn't that impressive, but I think we can all agree that Andre Smith > Eric Winston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
INbengalfan    33
1 hour ago, MrCincinnati said:

Even if he doesn't start, he would be a very valuable backup piece to keep around. It might make a guy like Eric Winston get cut instead. I know isn't that impressive, but I think we can all agree that Andre Smith > Eric Winston.

This.  Winston looks to have lost it.  Let Andre  be the backup.  That way he can actually dress for all 16 games.  Make that 19.  

In fact, I suggested on CJ that we move Westerman to LG, Boling to C and start Hopkins at RG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×