Matt Forte Retires

Madmike90

Matt Forte announced his retirement from the NFL after 10 seasons.

Forte turned 32 back in December. He battled chronic knee problems the past two seasons with the Jets, missing six games in two years with the team while playing at less than 100 percent in almost all others. Forte exploded onto the scene in 2008 as a second-round rookie with the Bears, rushing for 1,238 yards and eight scores and adding a 63-477-4 receiving line. His best seasons as a pro came in 2013-14 with 2,377 rushing yards 15 touchdowns along with a combined 176-1,197-7 as a pass-catcher. Forte was a true three-down back in his heyday and finished as a fantasy RB1 six times. Forte should be destined for the Bears' Ring of Honor.

At times Forte was our offence and really put the team on his back...he deserves his retirement.

My favorite Forte plays (no particular order)

2008 long TD run vs. Indi, his first game

2008 broke the Bears rookie rushing record vs. Green Bay, coldest game in Solider Field history vs. Green Bay

2010 opener, 80+ yard screen pass for a TD and a back shoulder catch on a wheel route for the go-ahead TD.

2011 jump cut vs. Tampa

2013 vs Green Bay week 17, scored in what was pretty much a playoff game

2015 at KC, game-winning TD catch

2015 TD vs Detroit in Week 17, one last score in front of the home crowd

41 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Forte was one of my favorite players.  He was one of the best ever.  He could do it all.  I hope he retires as a bear, that would be great

Even if only as a PR ploy, that would be one way for Pace and Nagy to endear themselves to the fan base. Not as much as actual winning of course, but showing respect to the great players of the franchise that were here before you is never a bad thing.

Archived