Men's fashion

sunnygsm

8 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

What is up with the buttoning up polo shirts all the way? I been seeing a lot of celebs like Conor and Jaime Foxx wear them like that and seeing a lot of dudes around town doing it to. 

22dc6f96103eb827e94729e9cd720fc7.jpg

one-direction-hotel-l.a+41%5B1%5D.jpg

This effects me in a similar way. Top button done up but no others. This guy isn't the worst example.

Clearly some guys try random stuff to try and stand out. The polo thing doesn't seem as bad as the one below it.

I don't understand what climates some menswear gurus live in. Wearing layers allows for crisp outfits but it seems impractical in most places except for certain parts of the year.

58 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

OP -

IDK what your personal style is and if you'd like you can throw me some ideas and I can help you but something that everyone needs is GOOD basics

Once you have your basics, then you can start grabbing from different piles for statement pieces

I feel like what I want to dress like and how I actually dress are two different things. Not because I don't know how, often it's more because of the setting. My workplace has a pretty casual setting. Getting decked out in proper shoes etc. feels like overkill a lot of the time. 

As for the basics, I need to get to some of those. It's a matter of buying the right pieces. My overall goal is something of a classic look. 

12 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

I feel like what I want to dress like and how I actually dress are two different things. Not because I don't know how, often it's more because of the setting. My workplace has a pretty casual setting. Getting decked out in proper shoes etc. feels like overkill a lot of the time. 

As for the basics, I need to get to some of those. It's a matter of buying the right pieces. My overall goal is something of a classic look. 

Show me how you want to look and then describe me your work setting

Also I can give you places to buy very good basics but I think if you shared first, then I can help you better to suit your style and interests

Work: Slacks or Khakis, dress shoes, a button down dress shirt (tucked in) or a golf/polo shirt. 

Home: Basketball shorts and a t-shirt

Out with friends: Jeans (modern fit) t-shirt or untucked dress shirt, pair of Adidas Originals or Chuck Taylor's

Out with wife: Jeans (modern fit) dress shirt with a sports coat, dress shoes or my "not dirty" Adidas Originals.

In the rare occasions it gets cold, I'll wear a knit cap. But I try to cover my head in some way (baseball cap, usually, but I do have a fedora and a driver's cap I need to wear more often).