Men's fashion

sunnygsm

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol don’t be a hero and wear them all day, sometimes just an hour or few hours at a time is best.

I fear i've made a massive blunder and not brought another pair of shoes to work haha.  I'll probably have to loosen them after my 10 AM meeting while i'm just sitting at my desk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Cool little thing I learned for leather boots is just dilute a little alcohol with water and spray a couple times inside the shoe and let it sit overnight. Really helps soften them up and break them in.

Wouldn’t the alcohol dry out the leather?

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol don’t be a hero and wear them all day, sometimes just an hour or few hours at a time is best.  Wearing them around the house for a while can help too.

So i went full hero.  For reasons no one really cares about, i ended up having to wear these for about 16 hours yesterday.

I'm back in a different pair of shoes today haha.  I'll wear them again tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, theJ said:

So i went full hero.  For reasons no one really cares about, i ended up having to wear these for about 16 hours yesterday.

I'm back in a different pair of shoes today haha.  I'll wear them again tomorrow.

Hey man, there's nothing like forming a bond between a man and his leather shoes. That was a hell of a shift you put in yesterday.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Screen-Shot-2018-09-07-at-9.30.46-AM-613

I saw this picture of NBA superstars LeBron James and Ben Simmons.  I don't really notice anyone wearing their pants like this, but what about you guys?  This kind of caught me off guard because of how their pants are both rolled up and they're going for the 'high water' look.  I'm assuming the main point of this is to show off your shoes?  I'm also assuming that when they stand up their pants go down to their ankles or is this not the case?

On 11/5/2018 at 6:19 PM, showtime said:

Screen-Shot-2018-09-07-at-9.30.46-AM-613

I saw this picture of NBA superstars LeBron James and Ben Simmons.  I don't really notice anyone wearing their pants like this, but what about you guys?  This kind of caught me off guard because of how their pants are both rolled up and they're going for the 'high water' look.  I'm assuming the main point of this is to show off your shoes?  I'm also assuming that when they stand up their pants go down to their ankles or is this not the case?

I've seen numerous people try to pull the look off, no one every does it well. Cuffing your pants is hard enough to do with most pants (especially when tall IMO), doing the highwater cuff just looks retarded.

And is that Beiber to their right looking like James Franco in Pineapple Express?

OK, so I'm looking to upgrade my sneaker game a little bit.

I usually wear Vans because they're durable and I honestly only need to buy one pair a year or so.

Any recommendations? I was looking at some of the basketball shoes on Eastbay but I'm not sure if I could pull some of them off.

I do like most of the Kobe's though. and PG's shoes look nice. 

Also recommendations for shoes to wear to the gym. It would mostly be lifting and 1 cardio day.

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I usually wear Vans because they're durable and I honestly only need to buy one pair a year or so.

Any recommendations? I was looking at some of the basketball shoes on Eastbay but I'm not sure if I could pull some of them off.

Also recommendations for shoes to wear to the gym. It would mostly be lifting and 1 cardio day.

Personally I wear Chucks for lifting and Brooks for running. I couldn't imagine wearing a basketball shoe for both.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

For wearing in every day wear, I’d suggest something classic especially when you’re just looking to start up. Stan Smith, Jordan 1, Jordan 3, Air Max 1, Puma Suede, PF Flyers. These are timeless, fantastic shoes that can go with practically any look, and any one is a brilliant starting point to a quality sneaker collection.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pwny said:

For wearing in every day wear, I’d suggest something classic especially when you’re just looking to start up. Stan Smith, Jordan 1, Jordan 3, Air Max 1, Puma Suede, PF Flyers. These are timeless, fantastic shoes that can go with practically any look, and any one is a brilliant starting point to a quality sneaker collection.

Gaaaaahdamn.. My man. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Gaaaaahdamn.. My man. Thanks.

Some more options I forgot: Samba Classic, Superstar 2, Chucks, Air Force One. That’s 10 between the two lists.

I can’t wear high tops because of some ankle injuries, but all of the high top models I listed also have lowtop versions as well if you need them and they all still look great.

Once you get a couple that you can wear with everything (and I’d count the Vans amongst that group), then you can go into some of the more wild looks that you have to pair with an outfit to make work if you want.