Men's fashion

sunnygsm

23 hours ago, TLO said:

Yeah because we need to cater to the fatties even more*

*exception being short jacked powerlifters ala mbtl obvi 

real talk - https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-slim-fit-jeans-413154COL69INS032032.html?utm_campaign=ShipConfirmation_201936&utm_medium=email&utm_source=TRXSF-ShipConfirmation&utm_content=ProductName these jeans are the only pants that wont blow out in the crotch for me.  they look like jeans are supposed to fit.  uniqlo will hem them for free.  also, they stack pretty decently for jeans with some stretch to them.  their chinos are actually pretty good too, i go with diff colors - red, green, grey to match with blue blazer because of course i rip my ****** suit pants like no ones business so im savin those pants for like 1 wedding before they rip.  

On 08/04/2019 at 8:21 PM, pwny said:

Companies really need to make more shoes with extra widths. My feet are wide, but apparently not as wide as yours, and I need to size up 1-2 sizes to get a width that fits my feet. There’s some shows I can’t wear because of the width, and I’d be pretty frustrated if I couldn’t get a good variety. But I guess at least you can wear shoes that actually look nice. 

I've always had a weird conception of "wide" shoes because i've never really had to deal with it.  But i have goofy ****in' feet that are very much wide at the widest part, but narrow as heck at the heel.  I'm like quack quack quack mr ducksworth.  It makes it an absolute nightmare to find hockey skates or ski boots that fit properly, and i'm kinda prone to buying shoes that rub badly on the heel because it's too wide.  But i've still honestly never really had a big problem with shoes or boots that are serviceable.  Can usually find stuff.

I know my dad has legit "wide foot problems" with pretty much everything.  But sizing him for skates, it's pretty clearly not so much "width" so much as just he's got hella big and tall feet that run out of room height-wise really quickly with normal sizing.  It just kinda makes me wonder how many other "wide foot" people are really just look for more "roomier foot", rather than just pure width.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

cross post to the travel thread...

Does anyone have any tips for buying custom suits? I’m going to Milan and Paris for work in a few months and want to take the opportunity to buy a bespoke suit. I don’t wear a suit regularly for work, but at this point in my life I’m willing to spend a few thousand for a great suit that’ll last 30+ years for interviews, weddings, etc..

Any recommended tailors in Italy?

• Like 1

On 17/11/2019 at 8:48 PM, Heimdallr said:

Does anyone have any tips for buying custom suits? I’m going to Milan and Paris for work in a few months and want to take the opportunity to buy a bespoke suit. I don’t wear a suit regularly for work, but at this point in my life I’m willing to spend a few thousand for a great suit that’ll last 30+ years for interviews, weddings, etc..

I for one, am in awe of your confidence and conviction that you will be the same size and shape 30 years from now.

I'm not sure i'll be the same size and shape 3 months from now.

I have never been to Milan.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:48 AM, Heimdallr said:

@deeluxx3 might be your guy to ask.