Men's fashion

sunnygsm

3 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:
4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Please no skinny jeans. Destroys my will to live when I see them on guys. 

This. Its gross. 

So, my wife wants me to get a pair of slim fit jeans. I don't know if that's the same thing, but I'm resisting.

Is there a different between slim fit and skinny fit?

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, my wife wants me to get a pair of slim fit jeans. I don't know if that's the same thing, but I'm resisting.

Every jean should be slim fit, not skinny like they were sprayed on

What is more important, neigh, the MOST important is that your leg hole is small

If your pants fall on your shoes like this then start a fire and throw them in

full

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I dont think there is , i think its all slim fit or what we are seeing slim fit when we see skinny jeans.  but i imagine today there are companies designing skinny jeans, but what it is, is guys buy underwear and pants a few sizes to small and squeeze everything in there, like have you ever seen girls put on super tight jeans, where they got to lay down on the bed and pull them up with a little kick move,  yeah just imagine a dude doing that with jeans and underwear way to small for him. 

Edited by Bednarik60

4 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

This. Its gross. 

not everyone can be tall and skinny tbh

pants gotta be fitted and not fall over your shoes like @Bianconero said. I hate summers in Austin bc I'm trying to wear pants out at all times. I just copped Gazelles, but haven't been shopping too much this year

• Like 1

Most guys don't know how to buy properly fitting stuff I've noticed. Pants especially. 

Just your correct size is 75% of the battle of dressing well. No point in buying nice clothes if your jeans are 3 inches too long and you're swimming in your top.

Not even claiming to be a #stylegawd, but if you know how to size right, you're ahead of most dudes on that alone

• Like 3

Slim fit trousers tend to just taper differently to the ankle. The leg hole is smaller than with a straight cut. They tend to provide a cleaner looking fit. That said, getting into slim fits can be difficult if you have a bigger/athletic build. 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My main rule is dress your age.

Nothing looks as absurd is a 40 yo dude with grey hair rocking a jersey, hat cocked to the side, and some 200 dollars sneakers. You're not 17 anymore man.

I just turned 40 and I still dress how I want to dress. Just because I'm 40 doesn't mean I have to shop in the old mans section. I refuse until I look too old to pull it off.

47 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

I just turned 40 and I still dress how I want to dress. Just because I'm 40 doesn't mean I have to shop in the old mans section. I refuse until I look too old to pull it off.

Cool man, dress however you like, but I think dudes who are 40 and dress like a high school kid look silly.

Different strokes and all that..

46 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

I have no clue how you dress so this isn't about you but when a older guy is trying to "dress young" it shows and looks super tacky/out of place. 

Like i was Target just a few minutes ago, and there is dude in his late 40's with his daughters , with his bangs up, sleeve tattoo of flowers,  wearing like this bright colored Hurley tank top, tight bright colored shorts and super gaudy Nike trainers. He was seriously dressed how my friends 17 year old son dresses to go skate or go to the movies , it just looked of trying to hard. 

I knew before i even got out of the store he was driving Subaru, which he was. Cause again Subaru , young hip cool!! lol. Blacked out Forester lowered... LMAO cant try any harder then this guy. 

Also old guys  with no gains in tank tops or  athletic gear, its not cute. The ship has sailed on your athletic career and if you couldnt get any gains, give it up. lol your a normal t shirt guy. Cant be dressing like your a Under Armor model but your 45 with skinny arms or fat arms  and dad bod shoulders(where there fat but still boney). 

Edited by Bednarik60
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

Most guys don't know how to buy properly fitting stuff I've noticed. Pants especially. 

Just your correct size is 75% of the battle of dressing well. No point in buying nice clothes if your jeans are 3 inches too long and you're swimming in your top.

Not even claiming to be a #stylegawd, but if you know how to size right, you're ahead of most dudes on that alone

This is truth. Knowing your size and what cut fits you the best will put you above most guys. Anybody of any size can dress well. 

5 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

I can't necessarily say that I follow this for jeans (I lost a lot of weight over the year, so I'm due an overhaul on jeans) but I can say I absolutely agree when it comes to suits. 

First thing I did when I reached my target weight was to get all of my suits/sportcoats re-tailored. A suit that sits correctly on your shoulders, works around your torso and waste along with tailored suit pants is the ultimate way to own whatever room you walk in to - be it the boardroom or the courtroom.

6 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Just got my first tailored suit, holy crap what a difference. 

Oh yeah, for sure. One of my old high school friends was a stylist for J. Hilburn, and she hooked me up with my a few - if I ever have an important meeting or event, I'm always prepared.