Men's fashion

sunnygsm

8 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Think I want to grab some suede ones at some point. How are the CP's? Don't look cheap by any means. 

Common Projects makes the best shoes on planet Earth

Both their Chelseas and their Achilles lows are amazing

You can find the Chelseas for $350ish I think still

Sale season just passed

EDIT: If you wear an 11 or 12

http://www.matchesfashion.com/us/products/1084689?qxjkl=tsid:38929|cgn:tZkYzve9Cvk&c3ch=LinkShare&c3nid=tZkYzve9Cvk&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=us&utm_content=tZkYzve9Cvk

Plus they definitely have a free shipping code out and maybe even 10 or 15% added

Edited by Bianconero

Just now, sunnygsm said:

Peacocks look nice. 

A woman is going to enjoy a man who's retired at 40 who wears tshirts and jeans more than a guy who's well-dressed and works until he's 65.  Additionally, I'm going to be happier retired at 40 with the worst fashion sense in the world than I would be if I looked nice until then. 

25 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

A woman is going to enjoy a man who's retired at 40 who wears tshirts and jeans more than a guy who's well-dressed and works until he's 65.  Additionally, I'm going to be happier retired at 40 with the worst fashion sense in the world than I would be if I looked nice until then. 

You're acting as if those things are mutually exclusive. Guy who is retired at 40 who can dress very well exists.

If you're blowing your budget on your suits, sure. I have a few customs from J Hilburn, but I also go off the rack from Men's Warehouse with no real issues (my Navy Blue that I've brought up? Off the rack from MW, compares up against my more expensive suits).

I wear suits all the damned time. Hazard of the profession. If you don't wear suits often, there really is no need to spend a lot of money, but (generally) every adult male should try to have one.

If you wear suits fairly often, it is absolutely worth the money to buy a decent quality suit. They last much longer, so you get value out of it. But don't just buy an expensive suit; go places that'll give you a nice deal. And, as mentioned above, most definitely get them tailored.

45 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Sorry, man but this makes zero sense

18 minutes ago, Bianconero said:
1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Sorry, man but this makes zero sense

To add to this - you're not retiring at 40 with zero sense of style unless you have a trust fund, hit the Powerball or create the next Facebook. 

Landing a gig that affords you an income to retire at 40? You're going to have to impress people in some capacity, and it's human nature to make snap judgements on your appearance. So if you saunter into an interview wearing a jacket two sizes too big, pants that bag around the legs and a braided belt that's too long, you're probably not gonna get a call from Human Resources asking about a start date.

Thinking you can is akin to looking for a $175k job with no work ethic.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

To add to this - you're not retiring at 40 with zero sense of style unless you have a trust fund, hit the Powerball or create the next Facebook. 

Landing a gig that affords you an income to retire at 40? You're going to have to impress people in some capacity, and it's human nature to make snap judgements on your appearance. So if you saunter into an interview wearing a jacket two sizes too big, pants that bag around the legs and a braided belt that's too long, you're probably not gonna get a call from Human Resources asking about a start date.

Thinking you can is akin to looking for a $175k job with no work ethic.

Remember that thread? xD

Seriously though, for anyone in here with any financial planning experience, the amount of money you need to retire at 40 and live on until 85 is just more than unrealistic.

26 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Or you don't spend your money on crap you don't need, walk to work and have no need for a car, get fortunate enough but not too fortunate because someone you loved died and left you a lot of money, buy your first house outright in cash at 28 years old and live well below your means while living a non-extravagant lifestyle and while not only avoiding but not enjoying material items such as clothes and fashion accessories.  ;)

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Or you don't spend your money on crap you don't need, walk to work and have no need for a car, get fortunate enough but not too fortunate because someone you loved died and left you a lot of money, buy your first house outright in cash at 28 years old and live well below your means while living a non-extravagant lifestyle and while not only avoiding but not enjoying material items such as clothes and fashion accessories.  ;)

... that's not living. That's just not dying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

I wear suits all the damned time. Hazard of the profession. If you don't wear suits often, there really is no need to spend a lot of money, but (generally) every adult male should try to have one.

If you wear suits fairly often, it is absolutely worth the money to buy a decent quality suit. They last much longer, so you get value out of it. But don't just buy an expensive suit; go places that'll give you a nice deal. And, as mentioned above, most definitely get them tailored.

Might be a silly question, but whats general upkeep and cleaning of a suit like? How do you clean a tie? 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

According to you.  I happen to be lucky in what I want out of life. 

To each their own, bud. 9_9

Me? I want to wear nice clothes, live in a nice house and drive a CTS-V. Got a decent wardrobe (need better jeans, but solid outside of that) and a nice house and hopefully getting that CTS-V next summer. ;)