Green Bay Packers: More Wisconsin Badgers on the Way in the 2018 NFL Draft?

Bob Fox

I think Leon Jacobs will make a better pro than college player, I mean the guy was an ILB, EDGE, FB and that's just from what I can remember. Never really had a chance to learn a position and grow, but he looks like he's quite the athlete. Would have no issue with him in the 5,6,7 rounds.

Will be watching Nick Nelson at the Combine too. Good cover guy, needs to be in the 4.4s though

I can't for the life of me understand how there are Packer fans who simultaneously believe "we need more speed or explosive playmakers" and "we need more players from B1G schools that aren't national brands."

Like if we're looking for a B1G West NFL pipeline, there are like four decent Iowa prospects  this year. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What is the infatuation of having Wisconsin players on the Packers' roster?

think it's driven by the fact that Wisconsin newspapers serve both Packer fans and Badger fans (there not being any other football teams at their respective levels in the state).  So a column can appeal to both by speculating that these are two great tastes that taste great together, even if it makes no football sense.  After all there's really no benefit to "draft the local kid" besides PR and ticket sales stuff, which isn't really a concern here.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Fans know these guys can handle being in WI and see it as a plus -  rather than the typical response from players that grew up in CA, TX, FL

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You become attached to them in college and thus you want to root for them in the NFL, it's pretty easy to grasp.

Why do you root for the Packers players at the Pro Bowl?

Archived