TOSS watch 2018 - NINERS pick NINTH

N4L

There can only be one  

10 members have voted

1. 1. There can only be one

• Heads or your dead
    • Tails never fails

For those who don't know, the coin toss date/time has been set for Friday 3/2 at 9:30 PST. I am unsure if it will be televised but I am hoping NFLN will have it.

We share some of the same needs (linebacker, corner) as the Raiders of the lost ark so this will be an important TOSS. 

I'm hoping the 49ers end up with the 9th pick

I (or the mods) will update this thread with the winner. In the meantime, choose wisely. 

UPDATE: NINERS pick NINTH

Anyone who chooses heads is clearly dumb. Like, come on... tails' odds are much better. I always take tails.

I think it's in part due to the fact I'm canadian and I have the Queen on the heads side of my coins. When I was young, I always thought "Why would I pick that old lady?". Now I'm older, and I watched The Crown, and she wasn't always old and ugly. I could feel inclined to pick heads again, maybe, in the future, but I'm on a 20 year streak of always picking tails.

By the way, once I was bored and flipped a coin 200 times. It ended 101-99 for tails. Enough said.

Losers get head! Winners get tail!

Do we know the official rules to "The Toss?" Who gets to toss it, who gets to call it, and when(in the air or before the flip)?? Is it caught, is it spun, and/or is it allowed to clatter on the ground??

Too many questions and too many unknowns right now. Anybody have the PFF reports or NextGen stats regarding either side??

I think someone posted the coin on twitter and its just a two sided coin showing, the niners and the raiders emblem. I'm assuming, once its been flipped and whomever emblem it lands on gets the ninth pick? Could be wrong though lol

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

I think someone posted the coin on twitter and its just a two sided coin showing, the niners and the raiders emblem. I'm assuming, once its been flipped and whomever emblem it lands on gets the ninth pick? Could be wrong though lol

Ah, that makes too much sense to be fake. I was wondering how they were going to choose who got to call it in the air. Seems like the only way they know how to break a tie is with a coin toss, so maybe it would have been a coin toss to determine who gets to call the TOSS??

Heres to us getting Vernon Davis, rather than Michael Huff!

1 hour ago, the-catch said:

Do we know the official rules to "The Toss?" Who gets to toss it, who gets to call it, and when(in the air or before the flip)?? Is it caught, is it spun, and/or is it allowed to clatter on the ground??

Too many questions and too many unknowns right now. Anybody have the PFF reports or NextGen stats regarding either side??

But who chooses the initial state of the coin? Will it be niners up or raiders up? Is there a minimum rotation rate required for it to be accepted? Personally, I require at least 5 full rotations, and ideally, the tosser should be at least 6'3". 

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

But who chooses the initial state of the coin? Will it be niners up or raiders up? Is there a minimum rotation rate required for it to be accepted? Personally, I require at least 5 full rotations, and ideally, the tosser should be at least 6'3". 

Oooooh good questions.... I looked up the official rule book and if you go to page 6, sec 17.b states "no minimum rate of rotation(or ROR) must be implemented, however each corresponding side must pass through the vertical axis a minimum to exceed no lesser than five complete cycles" 

3 hours ago, StevenK said:

As Rudyz asked it would be massively beneficial we have Niners side up. Waaaaaay too much time on my hands... and yes I mean WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much

Coin flips aren't really 50/50. 

"For natural flips, the chance of coming up as started is about .51." 

DYNAMICAL BIAS IN THE COIN TOSS

The Coin Flip: A Fundamentally Unfair Proposition?

11 hours ago, N4L said:

Ah, that makes too much sense to be fake. I was wondering how they were going to choose who got to call it in the air. Seems like the only way they know how to break a tie is with a coin toss, so maybe it would have been a coin toss to determine who gets to call the TOSS??

Heres to us getting Vernon Davis, rather than Michael Huff!

Rod Woodson will flip the coin.

Archived