Lions Pick at 20

goldfishwars

7 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

At this point in time I think you’re right. Personally I’m hoping for Payne in the first and RB in the second or third as well. If they were to go solid defence I wouldn’t be upset in the least. 

Tbh, I've been riding the Guice train for awhile and he' my #1 choice for that pick by far, but I'm trying to think of other possibilities that could also benefit the Lions.

DO NOT draft a running back at 20 lions, please don't screw that up. There's a ridiculous amount of talent in this year's running back class and we should, without a doubt, take one in the second round. We should take a defensive lineman with the 20th pick.

The players I think we'll have a chance at getting are

Maurice Hurst, Daron Payne, Taven Bryan

Harold Landry, Arden Key, Marcus Davenport

Maurice Hurst represents great value because he is the best defensive tackle (our biggest need) in the draft but will not be the first one selected due to being undersized and a heart condition issue at the combine.

Arden Key is another player I like because he has all the potential in the world and displayed gamechanging ability in his sophomore season. He will also slide in the draft due to a lack of production last season (he was playing at 280 while in his sophomore season he was at 240-250) and off field issues. 

6 hours ago, Stafford4Pres said:

DO NOT draft a running back at 20 lions, please don't screw that up. There's a ridiculous amount of talent in this year's running back class and we should, without a doubt, take one in the second round. We should take a defensive lineman with the 20th pick.

The players I think we'll have a chance at getting are

Maurice Hurst, Daron Payne, Taven Bryan

Harold Landry, Arden Key, Marcus Davenport

Maurice Hurst represents great value because he is the best defensive tackle (our biggest need) in the draft but will not be the first one selected due to being undersized and a heart condition issue at the combine.

Arden Key is another player I like because he has all the potential in the world and displayed gamechanging ability in his sophomore season. He will also slide in the draft due to a lack of production last season (he was playing at 280 while in his sophomore season he was at 240-250) and off field issues. 

typical lions would be draft a crappy d lineman and a crppy rb in the 2nd....or maybe a great rb in 1st and great cb or lb in 2nd...

On 3/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, Lionized said:

Typical lions would be draft a wr in the 1st 

I never thought that was a fair criticism. The basic strategy wasn’t awful. They just didn’t execute it well. Charles Rogers was an absolute stud at the time, then he got hurt and he drove his career right off a cliff. Mike Williams was a questionable pick and a huge mess, but he was talented. If Mike Williams could have stayed in shape he could have been pretty solid as a possession guy in a hybrid offense, but that never happened and he flamed out. Roy Williams was a good pick/player, and Calvin is one of the best to ever play the game. I really think the only bad selection was Mike Williams. Titus Young didn’t get taken in the first, but even he was ridiculously talented. Without the mental health issues he would still be playing and he would probably be a top 25-30 WR pretty easily. 

With that said, I totally get what you’re saying and didn’t mean to over analyze. I just think it’s kind of an unfair assessment. Hindsight is 20/20, but no one could see Rogers or Young’s careers ending like they did. Mike Williams I’ll give  you though, haha. 

Archived