Weigh-ins and 40 times at the Combine

Iamcanadian

3 hours ago, Groink said:

Trey Quinn has some big hands for a 5-11 203 pound white kid lol.  10 1/8

Yea. I haven't seen much of him, but I've read he doesn't miss anything, and he's supposed to run a blazing 40. I'm excited for what he does.

On 3/1/2018 at 5:32 PM, Jlash said:

Yea. I haven't seen much of him, but I've read he doesn't miss anything, and he's supposed to run a blazing 40. I'm excited for what he does.

His 40 was solid and should keep him as a LT prospect.

Boy, Orlando Brown not only looked ridiculous physically with huge boobs. but he really stunk it up in his testing. He is going to drop quite a bit. I doubt he has done a whole lot to keep himself in shape, which is a huge red flag for GM's.

23 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Boy, Orlando Brown not only looked ridiculous physically with huge boobs. but he really stunk it up in his testing. He is going to drop quite a bit. I doubt he has done a whole lot to keep himself in shape, which is a huge red flag for GM's.

I know bench press isn't all that meaningful for football performance, but an o-lineman benching 14 reps is ridiculously weak.  That would certainly raise serious red flags for me.  Generally, that would correspond to a ~315 bench press.  A decent number for average gym rats.  Combined with his 5.85 forty time, I'd be very skeptical of how he'll perform at the NFL level.

Fortunately, he can get stronger through proper training, and a probably a bit faster, but if I were a GM, I'd be skeptical as hell.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:41 AM, tyler735 said:

Like I've mentioned before, it doesn't worry me as long as he is smart about the hits he takes. Taking too many unnecessary hits is going to get any QB hurt regardless of size. Ben Roethlisberger, Daunte Culpepper, Cam Newton, Carson Wentz, Donovan Mcnabb have all missed time due to injury from hits sustained. Regardless a guy like Steve Young 6'2" 215lbs carved out a decent career despite having the same dimensions as Lamar Jackson and being a mobile QB.

This. Is his frame smaller? Perhaps and yea guys like Cousins, Goff and Smith have similar ones but they aren't going to be scrambling like Jackson. Guys like Russell Wilson run but he doesnt take his shots the way RG3 did either. If Jackson is smart and goes down feet first, he will be fine. The rules to help QBs going down will make things easier, he just has to be smart

23 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I know bench press isn't all that meaningful for football performance, but an o-lineman benching 14 reps is ridiculously weak.  That would certainly raise serious red flags for me.  Generally, that would correspond to a ~315 bench press.  A decent number for average gym rats.  Combined with his 5.85 forty time, I'd be very skeptical of how he'll perform at the NFL level.

Fortunately, he can get stronger through proper training, and a probably a bit faster, but if I were a GM, I'd be skeptical as hell.

He will be lucky now to go round 3. I see zero commitment to train and stay in shape. Imagine what he could be if he ever committed himself to getting in shape, unfortunately, guys like him rarely change their spots and he is what he is.

Archived