The Official 2018 Steelers Forum Combine Thread

30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

What I would give for Gesicki to be a duo with James right now.  The twin towers of TE.  One down field guy and one short move the sticks guy.  Bring in a FA to be the blocker.

4.55 for him is impressive. He needed that timed speed as he will not be used as a blocker and may have to come off on Run downs. Still darn impressive tho. May I suggest the Penn Towers?

I know there are differing opinions on him but depending on his Combine showing (which I expect it to be good) Vander Esch may leapfrog Evans on the Big Board. Given that some have projected both Evans and Vander Esch as possible picks, how would Vander Esch in Rd 1 sit with you?

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

The reason I’m not producing a double standard is to me LJs throws are sub par. He throws too many ducks. Allen does not. His throws all look sharp. 

A few years ago there was another guy at QB I said the same thing about and I was told how crazy I was because the guy had rushing yards and balled out. That discussion was Teddy Bridgwater vs Derek Carr. 

2 Questions

1. Would you consider a guy with a career 56% completion percentage to have all his throws looking sharp? 

FWIW I'm a big Josh Allen Fan

2. Where is Rosen in your rankings?? 

Just now, JPeezy55 said:

2 Questions

1. Would you consider a guy with a career 56% completion percentage to have all his throws looking sharp? 

FWIW I'm a big Josh Allen Fan

2. Where is Rosen in your rankings?? 

1 - Yes.

2 - Lower.  A mid-2nd.  Major injury concerns.  ACL, Shoulder, concussions.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

1 - Yes.

2 - Lower.  A mid-2nd.  Major injury concerns.  ACL, Shoulder, concussions.

Okay so I'll play devil's advocate, what would explain the low completion percentage then? If all his throws look sharp 

Just now, JPeezy55 said:

Okay so I'll play devil's advocate, what would explain the low completion percentage then? If all his throws look sharp 

Poor decision making, drops, bad reads, lack of separation.  You need to learn what the issue was that held that down and maybe you can work on that.

Quarterback

Lamar Jackson/Louisville
Mason Rudolph/Oklahoma State

Running Back

Kerryon Johnson/Auburn (informal)

Tight End

Durham Smythe/Notre Dame
Troy Fumagalli/Wisconsin
Mike Gesicki/Penn State
Ian Thomas/Indiana
Dallas Goedert/South Dakota State
Will Dissly/Washington
Hayden Hurst/South Carolina

Wide Receiver

James Washington/Oklahoma State

Defensive Line

Da’Ron Payne/Alabama
Harrison Phillips/Stanford

Inside Linebacker

Rashaan Evans/Alabama
Shaun Dion Hamilton/Alabama
Leighton Vander Esch/Boise State
Jerome Baker/Ohio State

Sources: Jeremy Fowler, Steel City Insider, Joe Rutter, Gregg Bell, Directly from select players 

Article from Steelers Depot... http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/2018-steelers-combine-interview-masterlist-updating/

I like this group of players.  They are positions of need but glad we're looking at some of the Bama guys.

Archived