2017 Breakout Player(s)

Bonanza23

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Damn good?  He still managed to allow a sack iirc.

He's horrible.

iirc, Erving didnt give up a sack but that Spencer Drango & Austin Pasztor did.

He is a horrible guard and center and is a more natural tackle hence why he showed more potential at RT than any other position, even tho he only played it for a single half

I thought he got yanked, I didn't recall an injury. What was the injury?

My votes go to Kessler and Ogbah. Hard to pick a rookie and everywhere you point it is either a rookie or second year player. Des already broke out, many moons ago. Ogbah is kind of an easy pick but whatever I'll do it anyway.

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

iirc, Erving didnt give up a sack but that Spencer Drango & Austin Pasztor did.

He is a horrible guard and center and is a more natural tackle hence why he showed more potential at RT than any other position, even tho he only played it for a single half

You recall incorrectly.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/former-1st-rounder-cam-erving-compete-rt-rebuilt-browns-o-line/

Should we try him on defense next when he sucks at tackle?  Haven't tried him there yet...

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I thought he got yanked, I didn't recall an injury. What was the injury?

MCL injury

m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/OL-Cameron-Erving-sustains-MCL-injury-in-season-finale/9f7a844b-e88a-4068-b8be-c8a6aceced28

6 hours ago, brownie_415 said:

I think Crow is going to have a monster year.

I could see Zane Gonzalez making an immediate impact and becoming the next Phil Dawson.  

Here's my issue: Zane Gonzalez isn't even the best kicker in camp. Chances are unless he really falls off in terms of talent he'll make the team over Parkey because they spent a draft pick on him, but I've been someone who defended him all last season and think we already had pro-bowl caliber kicker on the roster before we took Zane. 

2 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

Here's my issue: Zane Gonzalez isn't even the best kicker in camp. Chances are unless he really falls off in terms of talent he'll make the team over Parkey because they spent a draft pick on him, but I've been someone who defended him all last season and think we already had pro-bowl caliber kicker on the roster before we took Zane. 

Parkey had a rough start under difficult circumstances, but other than that he was pretty solid.

Gonzalez is going to have to be pretty good to beat him out IMO.

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Parkey had a rough start under difficult circumstances, but other than that he was pretty solid.

Gonzalez is going to have to be pretty good to beat him out IMO.

If it wasnt for that rough start, Browns wouldnt have Garrett. So we could say it was a blessing lol

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Agree with Ogbah, BBC, the Crow, DeValve, Shon Coleman and BBC, but am going to go out on a limb and say Corey Coleman.

I hope so on Coleman. What stopped me from putting him on my list was I really worry about those hamstrings 

Archived