PFF Top 100

goldfishwars

Pro football focus just put out their top 100.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-board-top-100-players-for-the-2018-nfl-draft

A couple of surprises in terms of how it measures up with others, obviously this is based on their metrics. They still have Harold Landry and Arden Key high, Mason Rudolph is also top 15. Brad Chubb is outside the top 20 whereas he’s a top 5 placement on most lists.

On their draft podcast last week, they said they have 29 first round grades on players this year. Was most surprised by Rudolph, Ragnow, and Gallup with such grades. Not to say I don't like these players, just where PFF has them. Surprised with how low Price and Bryan are, given the love they receive here

15 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

On their draft podcast last week, they said they have 29 first round grades on players this year. Was most surprised by Rudolph, Ragnow, and Gallup with such grades. Not to say I don't like these players, just where PFF has them. Surprised with how low Price and Bryan are, given the love they receive here

Is that more or less than usual?

16 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

I can't seem to find the numbers, but I feel like it's higher than normal. I could be wrong though

I guessed the same.  This is a very deep and talented draft class.

1 hour ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Yeah, I like their podcast - don’t always agree with their takes. They talk about Maurice Hurst as if he’s a combination of Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins. I mean I like Hurst, but to me he’s more slippery than explosive. Not sure how that plays in the NFL.

Their board last year honestly looks superb after year one results and their 2016 board doesn't look half bad either. I'm not a big Hurst fan either and testing is going to be vital for him. Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins both tested as ELITE athletes for the position and Hurst really needs to hit those marks if he wants to be considered with them.

37 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I am not a fan of Harold Landry as much as they are.  One tick pony that will be a situational pass rusher.  Just not someone I would take in the 1st round ( or maybe the 2nd).

Better value: Landry in the 2nd, or Haynes in the 4th?

17 hours ago, reamer said:

Better value: Landry in the 2nd, or Haynes in the 4th?

Landry. Haynes is a better athlete, but he's not lanky enough to be a hand-in-the-dirt pass rusher. And Landry is better against the run as a DE. Haynes has to play LB in any scheme, which is fine. He's a 34 DE or a 4-3 SLB prospect.

Just now, brownie man said:

People are really sleeping on key

if he played like 2016 he’s the best pure rusher in the class for me 

I think Ejiofor may be that but I think Key may have the biggest upside. But in terms of tools and moves its Key, Ejiofor is slightly above average athlete but super refined as a pass rusher. 

Bottom line, I love Key's upside.

Archived