Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

Just now, Striker said:

Whoa.  I might have to start wrapping my brain around this and changing my mind about it.  I'd still be absolutely LIVID if it was a multi-year deal, but one year could turn us into one of the best defensive lines in all of football. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Whoa.  I might have to start wrapping my brain around this and changing my mind about it.  I'd still be absolutely LIVID if it was a multi-year deal, but one year could turn us into one of the best defensive lines in all of football. 

If the guy played hard for Pettine before, maybe he would be all in in Green Bay. Pettine knows the guy so I would trust him if we made that move. 

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

If the guy played hard for Pettine before, maybe he would be all in in Green Bay. Pettine knows the guy so I would trust him if we made that move. 

Yeah, would definitely be hard not to get excited.  Wilkerson, Daniels and Clark is about as good as you'll find, all capable pass rushers, Clay and Perry would benefit the most. 

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

I just don't buy this because it's not like Bowles isn't capable of motivating other players.  That Jets team played hard this year even when they knew they weren't going anywhere.  Wilkerson didn't.  I just think it's in Wilkerson's nature to take it easy when he's getting paid, and I think he needs motivation to get another good deal. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just don't buy this because it's not like Bowles isn't capable of motivating other players.  That Jets team played hard this year even when they knew they weren't going anywhere.  Wilkerson didn't.  I just think it's in Wilkerson's nature to take it easy when he's getting paid, and I think he needs motivation to get another good deal. 

I can't really speak to this because I don't know Wilk. But if he comes for a visit either way I trust Pettine to make the call just because of the history. The fact that he's coming at all is good

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Tend to agree.  1 year deal would be motivating.

Guys also play harder when they know playoffs are on the line.  Playoffs were never on the line for NYJ

Archived