Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Welp Wilkerson isn't reuniting with Pettine.

Couldn't have gone that well if he's leaving without a contract. Could be Wilkerson just wanting to test the waters more though. 

The only chance he signs here is if we made an offer and Mo isn't sure what he's worth seeing as he signed a mega deal, and is mega talented, but was a turd last year. So he goes on another 1-2 visits and reports back what the offers were. However if any of those offers are greater then ours, there's no point for him to report back.

17 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Couldn't have gone that well if he's leaving without a contract. Could be Wilkerson just wanting to test the waters more though. 

I think if he left with a contract signed, it meant the Packers essentially bid against themselves.  His agent probably knows what his market likely is, and the Packers weren't willing to overpay on that.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Weird if true, don't think I've ever heard of a FA visiting teams and not talking money. Might bode well for the team that signs Mo if he's seriously looking at the fit instead of the cash.

To be honest, idk how this isn’t the norm. Players signing mega deals before even taking a visit with a team is beyond me. If I know I’m worth that mega deal, I know it’s not going anywhere and I’ll get mine so why not at least take a couple visits and see what’s what. That’s just me. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

lol at everybody rationalizing why Wilkerson left without signing a deal.  He left without signing a deal because he's not going to be a Packer. 

I haven't seen anyone rationalize it. If he does sign though I hope the whole forum let's you hear it lol.

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

lol at everybody rationalizing why Wilkerson left without signing a deal.  He left without signing a deal because he's not going to be a Packer. 

I mean, it's ultimately less about money and more about "weighing playing with the coach he has had the best success with versus playing literally anywhere other than Green Bay, Wisconsin."    So the odds of him coming here aren't good.

Archived