Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

To be honest, idk how this isn’t the norm. Players signing mega deals before even taking a visit with a team is beyond me. If I know I’m worth that mega deal, I know it’s not going anywhere and I’ll get mine so why not at least take a couple visits and see what’s what. That’s just me. 

So maybe it did go well.

Just now, incognito_man said:
1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

To be honest, idk how this isn’t the norm. Players signing mega deals before even taking a visit with a team is beyond me. If I know I’m worth that mega deal, I know it’s not going anywhere and I’ll get mine so why not at least take a couple visits and see what’s what. That’s just me. 

So maybe it did go well.

It also takes 2 sides to get a deal done.   We have no idea of GB offered Wilkerson a contract or not.  He could be looking for more $$, could be looking for a better fit (team or community).   It is in his best interest to due his due diligence and visit as many teams as he should choose to make the most informed decision on where he wants to play FB...aka work for the next 1+ years of his life.  

• Like 1

Ryan Pickett did the same thing... he went to the Bills then signed with Green Bay.

Depends on where his mind is at. He might want to see everyone’s pitch. Or he could just be searching until he hears a certain number he likes. If it’s about winning I’d say GB and Saints have the best shot because the chiefs are breaking in a new QB next year.

Im sure GB is going to be more “active”, like by bringing in guys and being public with it... but they will still always be ruled by their evaluations of guys. They have a number/deal in mind for Wilkerson, I’m sure they aren’t signing him unless it’s at or close to that number/deal.

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It also takes 2 sides to get a deal done.   We have no idea of GB offered Wilkerson a contract or not.  He could be looking for more $$, could be looking for a better fit (team or community).   It is in his best interest to due his due diligence and visit as many teams as he should choose to make the most informed decision on where he wants to play FB...aka work for the next 1+ years of his life.  

Exactly. Things can go very well in multiple places. I've had great interviews only to have an even better one later. I imagine most people have as well.

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

They let him go without a contract.  Think is is highly unlikely he ends up as a Packer now.

You are right....why would Gutekunst not hold a gun to Wilkerson and demand that he sign a contract that Russ Ball had constructed.  This new GB FO is in over their head, pure amateur hour.

So today or Monday when Wilkerson signs with the Saints, Chiefs or Raiders, which is the next thread that will get started off pipe dreams of a different regime?  My money is on Trumaine Johnson or Prince Amukamara.  They seem like good candidates to use Green Bay as a contract negotiation ploy. 

9 hours ago, Green19 said:

Ryan Pickett did the same thing... he went to the Bills then signed with Green Bay.

Depends on where his mind is at. He might want to see everyone’s pitch. Or he could just be searching until he hears a certain number he likes. If it’s about winning I’d say GB and Saints have the best shot because the chiefs are breaking in a new QB next year.

Im sure GB is going to be more “active”, like by bringing in guys and being public with it... but they will still always be ruled by their evaluations of guys. They have a number/deal in mind for Wilkerson, I’m sure they aren’t signing him unless it’s at or close to that number/deal.

It’s a negotiation tactic . Make it seem like another team is gonna sign him and see if GB offers more.

10 hours ago, Green19 said:

..............they will still always be ruled by their evaluations of guys. They have a number/deal in mind for Wilkerson, I’m sure they aren’t signing him unless it’s at or close to that number/deal.

Not being contrarian, but isnt that the guideline for any (well run) organization? Kinda?

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

So today or Monday when Wilkerson signs with the Saints, Chiefs or Raiders, which is the next thread that will get started off pipe dreams of a different regime?  My money is on Trumaine Johnson or Prince Amukamara.  They seem like good candidates to use Green Bay as a contract negotiation ploy. 

Well, the general of thumb is someone needs to see them at church or at a gas station in GB before a thread can be made 

• Like 1