Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

Isn't it always about the money?  I have a feeling someone will offer him a better deal.  If not, he might be back but I'm not holding my breath.

What I meant is really "there is no plausible amount of money Green Bay could have offered him as part of his first visit that would have prevented him from making a second."  Since the question of "do I really want to play in Green Bay" requires a different reference point.  If the Saints or Chiefs aren'.t willing to offer enough, and you think "Green Bay won't be so bad" then you sign, but you've got to make several visits first.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We have 16m right now, we don't need to cut anyone to add Wilkerson. If we want to add more guys outside of Wilkerson, we need to make moves.

However most of the contracts of Rodgers, CMIII and Nelson have about 40m of base salary vs about 4m of bonuses. An extension for any one of those three would allow us to drop the base salary to 1m and push bonuses into future years, we could save a lot of money this season by just giving some 2-3 year extensions.

I also have 0 issue with cutting Cobb.

Actually - if I'm understanding what I'm reading - that 16M amount is Gross - for which almost half has to be targeted for the incoming draft class. So yeah - we're at the "eat our own" stage CAP-wise. We want to make moves - we've got to cut some (percieved) fat off the roster.

Just now, Leader said:

Actually - if I'm understanding what I'm reading - that 16M amount is Gross - for which almost half has to be targeted for the incoming draft class. So yeah - we're at the "eat our own" stage CAP-wise. We want to make moves - we've got to cut some (percieved) fat off the roster.

Due to the top 51 rule, any pick you add cancels out a contract of the top 51. Usually it cuts in in half, so of the about 8m we need for rookies, only about 4m will count as cap hit.

Also, you don't need to be at that number until you sign rookies, so May. Right now the rookie cap is irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Packers offered Mo a nice deal. It's gonna take another team to really up the ante to get him. But he may take a little less from GB because he really wants to play here. 

Your info on Mo is nice, but more pressing is that I still need to know what Mac ordered for dinner Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Packers offered Mo a nice deal. It's gonna take another team to really up the ante to get him. But he may take a little less from GB because he really wants to play here. 

Joe Arrigo???!

Also https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/former-jets-players-mother-defends-son-threatens-reporter-lawsuit-163607149.html#scso=uid_wdCiWtmlO6TLjwT8i5nAAw_1:249

I don't care if you guys believe me or not. I know someone who knows someone who works in the org. So I hear things. Some things are more cut and dry than others. I just figured I'd share what I hear. If you wanna be dicks, so be it. 

19 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Where’s that info coming from? 

Im sure even if that wasnt the case that you knew someone, its not like GB will know how every team in the NFL values him. They probably offered a really good enticing deal from their perspective. But maybe the saints or whomever else calls him has a different pay scale altogether. Wont know until there is a John Hancock on some contract

3 minutes ago, chucknorris101 said:

Im sure even if that wasnt the case that you knew someone, its not like GB will know how every team in the NFL values him. They probably offered a really good enticing deal from their perspective. But maybe the saints or whomever else calls him has a different pay scale altogether. Wont know until there is a John Hancock on some contract

What I heard is GB is his # 1 choice going into this thing. From the chance to win a ring, to playing under Pettine again. 

But he'd like to do his due diligence (mainly for his agent) and see what other teams offer. However, he and the Packers are both happy w/ where they're at right now.

Like I said, another team would have to offer significantly more.

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

I can't say, man. I'm not about to possibly get someone in trouble. But it's from the Packers' side, not Mo's. 

If you can’t say your source, no real point in saying anything because nobody is going to take it seriously. You may very well be telling the truth but you really can’t expect people to not question some random dude on a forum saying he has sources. 

7 minutes ago, Slinky said:

I don't care if you guys believe me or not. I know someone who knows someone who works in the org. So I hear things. Some things are more cut and dry than others. I just figured I'd share what I hear. If you wanna be dicks, so be it. 

I don't see why anyone has any reason to not believe you. This is how Packers fans are in FA, trained to be guarded, no one wants to get their hopes up.

9 minutes ago, Slinky said:

I actually believe you. But do you know the actual numbers, you don't have to post them, but you heard numbers?

Archived