Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

Just now, Ketchup said:

If you can’t say your source, no real point in saying anything because nobody is going to take it seriously. You may very well be telling the truth but you really can’t expect people to not question some random dude on a forum saying he has sources. 

What? Literally no one in the world names their sources, the whole point of having a source is they can secretly give you information.

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

If you can’t say your source, no real point in saying anything because nobody is going to take it seriously. You may very well be telling the truth but you really can’t expect people to not question some random dude on a forum saying he has sources. 

Oh, trust me. I don't expect anybody to believe me. I know I wouldn't either if some random guy comes along saying he has a source. No biggie. 

Listen, I know I ruffled some feathers during the season, so many here don't like me, etc. But I'm not BSing here. Just passing along what I can. And I honestly don't expect anybody to believe me. And that's fine. 

Just now, Slinky said:

Listen, I know I ruffled some feathers during the season, so many here don't like me, etc. But I'm not BSing here. Just passing along what I can. And I honestly don't expect anybody to believe me. And that's fine. 

The info is good man, Norm and I are just turds so we'll mess with you, but I honestly believe what you're saying. 

4 minutes ago, Slinky said:

I hope you are right. I really think Wilk would be a worthwhile addition. 

3 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Would you all rather have Wilkerson, a CB like Colvin, or a TE like Burton? ( don't concentrate on the example name as much as the position).

Great question. I think Wilkerson plays the least needed position but I think he has the highest ceiling so I'd go with him. But Burton is my dream FA pick. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Does Mo hold Pettine in high regard?

Makes me excited to see what he does with Daniels.

Very much. Like I said, he's one of two reasons why GB is his top choice, barring another team blowing him away. I just wish we wouldn't have let him get away. But he made a promise to visit every team first before his final decision.

51 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Packers offered Mo a nice deal. It's gonna take another team to really up the ante to get him. But he may take a little less from GB because he really wants to play here. 

What else would someone inside the packers org say? " He didn't like the visit and wants to go somewhere else"?

8 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Very much. Like I said, he's one of two reasons why GB is his top choice, barring another team blowing him away. I just wish we wouldn't have let him get away. But he made a promise to visit every team first before his final decision.

Also remember he has the luxury of being a free agent before FA. So normally you would be pressured into signing because a team could be like the money we could give Wilk we will just give to Watkins... or whatever.

Right now he isnt competing against the market in a way. Teams can’t spend until tuesday (or is it Wednesday). So he doesn’t need to worry about another “taking his money”.

26 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Ha ha. This what free agent season should be like: Come to hear the rumors, stay for the food fights!

I think that when Erik Walden gets 16 million from the Colts you have to be careful setting boundaries on what is realistic in free agency. Thinking about what you said, Slink, the Packers have every right as an organization to think that we have a great offer moneywise and an ace in the hole with Pettine in the house. But we tend to get outbid just because the organization is a bit cautious and locked into its cap strategies in the short and long term.

1 hour ago, Slinky said:

Packers offered Mo a nice deal. It's gonna take another team to really up the ante to get him. But he may take a little less from GB because he really wants to play here. 

See if you can get any info if we're interested in Sherman ;)

Archived