Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

From my point of view it is interesting seeing Wilkerson would even consider going to Green Bay considering he's been a city boy all his life.

Once he get a taste of New Orleans he's gonna change his mind about us. Better lifestyle, better food, better weather, A Superbowl contending team. If I was an NFL player even I would chose New Orleans over Green Bay.

The only thing we got going for us is 100% football culture, Rodgers, Superbowl contending team and Mike Pettine.

Hopefully Wilkerson will want to move out of the city in exchange for some peace and quiet. :D

If he doesn't work out, do we have a shot with Suh? he will almost certainly be more expensive. He's a bit older but I think still worth going for.

Fully expect Wilkerson to make his decision before March 14th. Get his money before free agency opens.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

From my point of view it is interesting seeing Wilkerson would even consider going to Green Bay considering he's been a city boy all his life.

Once he get a taste of New Orleans he's gonna change his mind about us. Better lifestyle, better food, better weather, A Superbowl contending team. If I was an NFL player even I would chose New Orleans over Green Bay.

The only thing we got going for us is 100% football culture, Rodgers, Superbowl contending team and Mike Pettine.

Hopefully Wilkerson will want to move out of the city in exchange for some peace and quiet. :D

If he doesn't work out, do we have a shot with Suh? he will almost certainly be more expensive. He's a bit older but I think still worth going for.

Wasnt his contract gigantic with the fins? Gotta think he's still gonna be a big penny. 

I wouldnt be so hot to trot for New Orleans. Its an undeclared toxic wastesite from every hurricane that throws water onto its streets and leaves the sediments from the Gulf of Mexico which are full of pollutants. I'd pass - but thats just me. 

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

I wouldnt be so hot to trot for New Orleans. Its an undeclared toxic wastesite from every hurricane that throws water onto its streets and leaves the sediments from the Gulf of Mexico which are full of pollutants. I'd pass - but thats just me. 

this lol. I would have 0 desire to go to New Orleans. 

Fine to visit, wouldn’t want to live.

1 hour ago, cooters22 said:

Great question. I think Wilkerson plays the least needed position but I think he has the highest ceiling so I'd go with him. But Burton is my dream FA pick. 

Wilkerson does not play a position of need, but adding him would make other positions better by strengthening that DL group and offering more options for Pettine as DC.   Adding a talented piece regardless of the position is never really a bad plan.  There is also Planet Theory to consider.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Wilkerson does not play a position of need, but adding him would make other positions better by strengthening that DL group and offering more options for Pettine as DC.   Adding a talented piece regardless of the position is never really a bad plan.  There is also Planet Theory to consider.

I think the biggest benefit is it would be an incredible help in keeping Clark and Daniels fresh. 

38 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Walk down Bourbon St. any next morning... the toilet of a strip club in a third world country would smell present. 

Great now I need to go to both and see if you're lying

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I'm not here to argue GB is a better city than New Orleans or whatever, in fact I'm not from either area... but you ever been to NO? New Orleans sure wouldn't be a place I would choose to live. But hey, to each their own.

Man, everyone is so worried that he's not signing with us. Just go with the flow you guys, if he signs he signs if he doesn't then I'm sure Gute and them have a backup plan in mind. If anything, they targeted a high profile player that's not anything we are used to. We are no longer sitting on these forums with 50% of the posters saying "We should have at least reached out to him, he would make a difference on this team!" and the other 50% saying "How do you know we didn't call his agent? How do you know he didn't want to play in a small town market and that's why he didn't come in for an interview?" This time around, Green Bay was aggressive enough on a high profile target that he chose to visit us BEFORE any other teams and THAT alone is progress. If he signs, great! If not? Good for Gute for at least trying.

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

See if you can get any info if we're interested in Sherman ;)

Already ahead of you. I asked him/her already last night. They didn't know, but said they could ask.

Now keep in mind, their source (who is as legit as it comes) may or may not tell them certain things either. But they've definitely come through numerous times in the past. It was only recently that I asked if it was ok for me to mention things on an on-line forum. They gave me their blessing as long as I keep it discreet, which I obviously will.

I have nothing to gain by this, but plenty to lose. I'm just a regular Packer nut like all of you who thought I could share stuff with you if I hear anything. Nothing more, nothing less.

And as I said in another thread...and not like this is some huge deal...but GB is in LOVE with Fumagalli. Now, this info I got before the combine. Not sure where they stand now.

Archived