Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

39 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

One year deal, and then receive a compensation pick for him! Sounds good.

I don't *think* you can get compensatory picks on 1-year rentals unless the player/team opts out of a multi-year deal. Look into Patriots example w/ Revis. Anybody know if it's the team opt-out or player opt-out that allows this pick compensation? I'm fairly confident that 1-year deal players do not factor into these picks.

10 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

I don't *think* you can get compensatory picks on 1-year rentals unless the player/team opts out of a multi-year deal. Look into Patriots example w/ Revis. Anybody know if it's the team opt-out or player opt-out that allows this pick compensation? I'm fairly confident that 1-year deal players do not factor into these picks.

We just got a comp pick for Jared Cook, so I would say yes for a 1 year deal.

But no, not if you 'opt out', that is viewed as a release. 

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wilkerson-Clark-Daniels

Clay     LVE     Martinez        Perry

Add a CB in FA and man oh man that would give me some warm, tingly thoughts about next season. 

Love this lineup w/ or w/out LVE. 

In reality, you'll be a modified 4-3 as others have alluded. I'd love to see:

Wilkerson-Clark-Daniels-Perry

CMIII      Martinez

King      (1.14)James                                                               Randall

Jones                Clinton-Dix

Really green secondary, but everybody is big, strong, and nearly interchangeable. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

That's fine, he'll be in the conversation I can guarantee you that, you should go back and re-evaluate him. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I didn't when I thought he was a 6'3 240 guy who'd run a 4.8.

Now that he's bigger and more athletic than Brian Urlacher? Hell yeah I do. 150 tackles, 4 sacks and 7 forced turnovers this year. Guy is legit.

There's times I love his tape, there's times where I'm just not feeling he'll be a top 15 talent. Question I have is is he gonna be near the top of our board, or an insurance pick incase the rest of the top guys are off.

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Mo is in for some culture shock ...he grew up in Jersey, went to school at Temple in Philly and played in NYC.  Those are all pretty close to each other and a million miles from northeastern WI

At the same time (and I'm sure that the Packers brass will point this out) people thought Charles Woodson was done after 7 years in Oakland (only other team bidding was the Bucs who wanted him to play Safety).  People thought Wood was a malcontent and all those sorts of things, but in Green Bay he revitalized his career, won a ring, and became a sure-fire hall of famer.  So maybe a weird quiet little place where there's nothing to do but football would be for the best for him.  Whether he wants what's best for him, who knows?

I remember reading multiple times that Thompson really wanted to take Mo Wilk in the 1st Rd when he came out but he went 2 picks before us and we ended up with Sherrod. Many things connecting Mo Wilk to GB, seems like a great fit. Like others have said, I would like to see a Peppers type deal.

I want to be excited about this, but the only way I could possibly end up having a solid opinion is after seeing contract terms. 

So there's a good chance I never develop any strong feelings one way or another.

From just reading and watching things from wilkerson’s past... seems like he just fell out of love with the Jets. He seems to enjoy football and wants to be elite etc.

i get the vibe he just got tired of losing. When Rex and Pettine were there he never had these issues. Probably because they were going to AFC championship games consistently. I think if he gets into a spot where the team wins... he will be fine.

Green Bay can offer that... plus a dude that is squarely in his corner (Pettine, he lobbied hard for him to be the pick in NYJ). Plus he is a Ted special... release player that doesn’t mess with comp picks ?.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Mo is in for some culture shock ...he grew up in Jersey, went to school at Temple in Philly and played in NYC.  Those are all pretty close to each other and a million miles from northeastern WI

He hasn’t signed yet. If he does, another jersey guy, mike Daniels can show him the cheesy WI ropes.

Archived