Is Gase Really THAT bad of a Poker Player on T-Hill?

Phingasm 23

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article202859519.html

If you use google, just use incognito window to view that.  Anyway a snippet is that they are painting Gase as a horrendous poker player.  This is due to him saying that T-Hill is our QB but waffling on the tagging of Landry meaning maybe he'll be a Dolphin or not.  The latter obviously is something he could have overhand slammed into something as easy as "Landry is a Dolphin".

My question is which one is he being devious about?  Is it Landry T-Hill or both?  I can't tell where the smokescreen starts or ends.  Is T-Hill our QB or not?  I would think we have ZERO choice but to figure out how to get one of the top four QBs as competition and a backup and the future of our QB position as Thill isn't ever going to be an elite QB.  

Multiple rumors say that we're going to bundle Landry with a first round swap to move up and grab a QB.  Obviously, the QBs haven't even worked out yet but the combine is where deals start getting offered to other teams to then have them be actionable on draft day.  If 2018 Landry as a Phin is valued at mid 2nd round, we could switch with Cleveland's #4 and maybe sprinkle in our third to grab Mayfield.  OR, we can move give up Tannehill instead of Landry.  Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you never know.  

Something to remember is that last year we never even had Harris visit with us just to keep eyes off of our desire to grab him.  Are we really in love with Mayfield or are we going to grab James or the Ga LB or do something nuts like moving up to grab Barkley?  Who knows?  What do you think we'll do?

I don't think Landry will still be on this team on draft day.

It would mean the Dolphins have to keep him on the books through all of free agency with his $16m cap number. This handicaps them in a pretty extreme manner. I think it's far more likely they either 1) trade him for a 3rd or better or 2) rescind the tag before FA and collect the compensatory pick.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

I don't think Landry will still be on this team on draft day.

It would mean the Dolphins have to keep him on the books through all of free agency with his $16m cap number. This handicaps them in a pretty extreme manner. I think it's far more likely they either 1) trade him for a 3rd or better or 2) rescind the tag before FA and collect the compensatory pick.

^^^^^This your bang on.

I think it's win win.  We're letting Landry look for a team because he's thinking he'll get paid how he wants.  If he does, we use it to move up and fix the QB position.  If he doesn't we say we told you so and he takes the 5 year $55 mil offer we already made.  I don't think he's going to move towns and go to a new team to just make a little more.  SO we either go into next year with Landry or use the pick we get for him to make the team better.

48 minutes ago, Phingasm 23 said:

If he doesn't we say we told you so and he takes the 5 year $55 mil offer we already made.

According to "rumors", the latest offer from Miami was $13m/year (who knows about the guaranteed structure) and Landry's camp counter-offered with $15m/year which is basically when the Dolphins stopped giving counter-offers.

I'd jump up and down if we got him for $11m/year, no way it happens.

Just now, cddolphin said:

According to "rumors", the latest offer from Miami was $13m/year (who knows about the guaranteed structure) and Landry's camp counter-offered with $15m/year which is basically when the Dolphins stopped giving counter-offers.

I'd jump up and down if we got him for $11m/year, no way it happens.

10-4.  My bad.  

Just now, cddolphin said:

Really makes you appreciate Stills for $8m/year. Through 2020 too.

Landry just seems so overused.  We basically couldn't run it into the EZ for a good part and decided to throw it instead.  I think his stats are inflated.  Love how sure handed he is though.  We just dink and dunk with him so much.  

Archived