Broncos QB Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Passing on Cousins (or him passing on us) only represents dodging a bullet if 1) Keenum is a value at 18-20M per year 2) We don't make the mistake of committing to him over a rookie QB at 1.5, as being reported.

If Elway convinced Keenum to a team-friendly deal, hey, I'll tip my cap.  But if he committed more than 1 year and then says we should pass on rookie QB at 1.5 no matter how the board falls - does not give me any hope he's learned. 

I've been on record as to my belief in Rosen/Darnold - could be they aren't available at 1.5.   Others believe in Mayfield - not so sure.   Either way, though, if Elway isn't willing to even consider QB at 1.5 depending on the board's progression, color me discouraged - because the willingness to not take advantage of opportunity when value presents itself is one of the biggest weaknesses Elway's had since becoming a more 1-guy away drafter.    

I completely agree with you and Big Palooka. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I don't know how you come away thinking this. Keenum is a glorified backup. The Broncos need a real solution at the position. They may not be picking in the top 5 again, so they need to make it count and get their QBOTF here. Don't overthink it.

Just my opinion.... but if they don't draft one of the top QBs, they will be settling themselves for league average for the foreseeable future. As a rival fan, if they pass on QB at 5, I'm happy.

My biggest fear is that 3 QB are taken before us, and our Front Office uses the 5th pick to take a QB that they do not believe in. It'll be impossible to tell, because they will say all the right things and whatnot. 

4 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

My biggest fear is that 3 QB are taken before us, and our Front Office uses the 5th pick to take a QB that they do not believe in. It'll be impossible to tell, because they will say all the right things and whatnot. 

That’s the one scenario where I won’t regret - if Darnold/Rosen are there at 1.5 though and we pass I’ll be p*ssed.   Royally.  

Fear of that scenario should not make us commit to Keenum for multiple years though.  That’s my ongoing problem. 

Archived