2018 NFL Combine - Measurements, Random Thoughts etc

DreamKid

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

GloomyClutteredBee-max-1mb.gif

?

This dude gets put on skates regularly. Never scouted a “premier” OL that has had as many “meltdown plays” as he, since Michael Oher... actually probably not even Oher. At least Oher would dominate for most of the game too. McG just kind of is very solid for most of the game... and then will have 1 or 2 random plays where he’ll get the quarterback killed. No thanks on this guy.

I’d MUCH rather just roll with Crockett Gilmore converting to RT than to take McGlinchey.??‍♀️

Just now, DreamKid said:

I've never seen that happen to a tackle before. Forced splits while being pushed into your QBs knee. No thanks :ph34r:.

Could you imagine a prime James Harrison or Terrell Suggs bull rushing this guy??

On that note, hopefully the Bengals draft him at 1.12. ?

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

also does Guice look kinda stiff to anybody else? that last drill didn't do him any favour.

Figured this might happen. I think he was attempting to bet on himself, looks like he weighed in about 20 lbs higher than his playing weight to prove he can be a feature back and increase his draft position by running well at that size.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

On that note, hopefully the Bengals draft him at 1.12. ?

Just became more likely with Orlando's implosion, but Connor Williams did have a good day. Proved he won't have to be a guard, he might be the top dog right now.

53 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Just became more likely with Orlando's implosion, but Connor Williams did have a good day. Proved he won't have to be a guard, he might be the top dog right now.

I hate the Bengals. They always draft my favorite OL players. I hope Williams goes to the NFC, if we can’t get him. He’s the only OL player that I would spend a 1st round pick on.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

I hate the Bengals. They always draft my favorite OL players. I hope Williams goes to the NFC, if we can’t get him. He’s the only OL player that I would spend a 1st round pick on.

Great age score on him, lot's of room for development and growth. 

I'm a Josh Allen guy, criticism of him is way overblown especially on this site. Everyone wants to play the part of a scathing witty scout. He isn't Hackenberg, not even close. He makes so many special throws, I don't care if he misses 4 balls a game high, no one's picking them off anyway. Same with Lamar Jackson, are you telling me both of them can't make the throws Blake Bortles made during this Jaguar's run? Their floor is higher than people will admit and I'd be fine with either, but I would prefer Josh Allen who I think will develop into a special player.

Archived