Prospect Deep Dive - Derwin James SS/WILL

DreamKid

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

giphy.gif

Some things DB, are best left unsaid.

Random. But I think he might not be with the Ravens any longer. This is the first year where I don’t recall seeing him at the combine.

His Twitter account also hasn’t posted anything on it since like two days ago. Which isn’t really that long. But with this being the combine and him working in “news” that’s kind a long time. Just something I’ve been noticing.??‍♀️

Derwin said Cowboy fans have been hitting him up and editing him into Cowboy uniforms, similar to our fans and DJ Moore. Then he said that's great and all but if they want him, they're gonna have to trade up. Ol boy might have a pretty big chip on his shoulder if we get him at #16 :D. He really did get unlucky with teams like the Jets and Bear coming into young safety tandems in one offseason. 

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Good interview. Yeah, he’s going top 15.

I’m getting a feeling that we might see Minkah Fitzpatrick slip instead. Perhaps I should look at some more tape of his just in case. Haven’t really watched much tape on defensive players this year.

James is probably going to run 4.37 tomorrow and post a 6.75 three cone and look good in drills. Someone will take him. I just hope it’s not someone in our division.

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Just as a fan of football it would be cool if the Colts took Derwin and paired him with Hooker for the next 10 years.

The Colts defense lacks some identity. Just like Jets did it with Adams last year, it would make very much sense if the Colts did the same with Derping James.

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Just as a fan of football it would be cool if the Colts took Derwin and paired him with Hooker for the next 10 years.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

The Colts defense lacks some identity. Just like Jets did it with Adams last year, it would make very much sense if the Colts did the same with Derping James.

I like that fit and it makes a lot of sense. Build up that defense to give Luck a shot whenever/if he gets healthy. Provide that team with a dominating secondary would be a good start.

13 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Random. But I think he might not be with the Ravens any longer. This is the first year where I don’t recall seeing him at the combine.

His Twitter account also hasn’t posted anything on it since like two days ago. Which isn’t really that long. But with this being the combine and him working in “news” that’s kind a long time. Just something I’ve been noticing.

https://twitter.com/ryanmink?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

24m ago he posted a thing on BR.com, and it still says he's the Editorial Manager for the Ravens.

Also, Derwin James 11 on the broad and 40 in the high jump?

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

https://twitter.com/ryanmink?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

24m ago he posted a thing on BR.com, and it still says he's the Editorial Manager for the Ravens.

Also, Derwin James 11 on the broad and 40 in the high jump?

giphy.gif

Well that’s good, I guess. He doesn’t seem like a bad guy. Maybe he’s just taking more of a behind the scenes role now. Which makes sense.

Edit: And Derwin James makes sense. My only question is will he run under 4.4... I’m going to guess and say 4.36 time.

Derwin is faster than that 4.48 and what makes him so special is his ability to keep that same explosion and speed up into the 220s and 230s. Kind of like Ray Lewis with the 220s, 230s, 240s, and 250s. Rare frames and profiles.

Archived