Prospect Deep Dive - Derwin James SS/WILL

DreamKid

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

if James is testing like expected he'll be a Bengal. they need a safety and i am not sure the value is there for any OL to be taken over James. Nelson of course but he'll be gone by their pick.

They don't need have a safety, they have 3 essentially with George Iloka, Shawn Williams and Clayton Fejedelem. Also they passed on Malik Hooker last year.

From another post of mine, but take a look-

"A look at the safety situation for the teams in Derwin James draft range and why he could fall to us at pick #16-

6. NYJ- Safety Tandem (Jamal Adams+Marcus Maye)

7. TB- 

8. CHI- Safety Tandem (Adrian Amos+Eddie Jackson)

9. SF- Safety Tandem (Jimmie Ward+Jaquiski Tartt+Adrian Colbert)

10. OAK- Safety Tandem (Karl Joseph+Obi Melinfonwu)

11. MIA- Safety Tandem (Reshad Jones+TJ Macdonald)

12. CIN- Safety Tandem, passed on Malik Hooker last year. (George Iloka+Shawn Williams+)

13. WAS- Safety Tandem (DJ Swearinger+Montae Nicholson)

14. GB- * Two Safeties (HaHa Clinton-Dix+Josh Jones)

15. ARI- Safety Tandem (Tyrann Mathieu+Budda Baker+Antoine Bethea)

*The Packers have HaHa who is 1st round pick and Josh Jones who was a 2nd round pick last year but they often roll with three safety looks where Jones is more of a hybrid linebacker. With Morgan Burnett as good as gone in FA for them, they will have a hole at SS thus no true tandem."

28 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

They don't need have a safety, they have 3 essentially with George Iloka, Shawn Williams and Clayton Fejedelem.

they took Ross last year when WR wasn't a pressing need and JJackson the year before, same situation. i wouldn't put it behind them to take him if he is BPA over needs at OL or elsewhere. 

11 hours ago, berlin calling said:

if James is testing like expected he'll be a Bengal. they need a safety and i am not sure the value is there for any OL to be taken over James. Nelson of course but he'll be gone by their pick.

Take that back!!!

Just keep him out of our division if the Ravens can’t have him.???

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Charles Davis names a defensive player who could fall that the Ravens shouldn't/can't pass on, you'll never guess who-

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Charles-Davis-Points-to-a-Defender-Ravens-Cant-Pass-Up-at-No-16/3210397b-7ae5-4e60-a0e7-8a993b55c02c

Yeah, I saw that too. Sometimes I wonder if those guys read sites like this or just through osmosis we sort of come to the same conclusions.

19 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah, I saw that too. Sometimes I wonder if those guys read sites like this or just through osmosis we sort of come to the same conclusions.

I think it's a bit of both, I've noticed certain sites and figures(Mink), reiterating thoughts in too obvious of time frames. I remember one time @coordinator0 said something on here and then the next day there was an article on Beatdown that was way too similar, can't remember what it was though. 

Derwin is playing this smart and doing something I didn't anticipate, he's coming in as light as possible to sell him as possible CB, knowing that will get him drafted higher. If he convinces teams of that then we have no shot, but if they view him as a pure SS we're in the game.

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think it's a bit of both, I've noticed certain sites and figures(Mink), reiterating thoughts in too obvious of time frames. I remember one time @coordinator0 said something on here and then the next day there was an article on Beatdown that was way too similar, can't remember what it was though. 

Derwin is playing this smart and doing something I didn't anticipate, he's coming in as light as possible to sell him as possible CB, knowing that will get him drafted higher. If he convinces teams of that then we have no shot, but if they view him as a pure SS we're in the game.

wat.jpg

18 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I wouldn't wish that upon him even in speculation. Some hells are too cruel.

12 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Bruh. Take that back.

I didn’t know opinions on Ryan Mink were quite so low.

Whats not to like?

Perhaps I am Ryan Mink and using subterfuge to keep you all from guessing my true identity.?

Archived