• Mason Rudolph [ QB ] Oklahoma St.
    • Josh Jackson [ CB ] Iowa
    • Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida
    • Courtland Sutton [ WR ] SMU
    • Mike McGlinchey [ OT ] Notre Dame
    • James Daniels [ G/C ] Iowa
    • Billy Price [ G/C ] Ohio St
    • Will Hernandez [ OG ] UTEP
    • Leighton Vander Esch [ OLB ] Boise St.
    • Christian Kirk [ WR ] Texas A&M
    • Isaiah Oliver [ CB ] Colorado
    • Sam Hubbard [ EDGE ] Ohio St.
    • Arden Key [ EDGE ] LSU
    • James Washington [ WR ] Oklahoma St.
    • Dallas Goedert [ TE ] S. Dak. St.
    • Harrison Phillips [ DT ] Stanford
  2. 2. 2nd Preference

• Derrius Guice [ RB ] LSU
    • Lamar Jackson [ QB ] Louisville
    • Orlando Brown [ OT ] Oklahoma
    • Harold Landry [ EDGE ] Boston College
    • Mason Rudolph [ QB ] Oklahoma St.
    • Josh Jackson [ CB ] Iowa
    • Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida
    • Courtland Sutton [ WR ] SMU
    • Mike McGlinchey [ OT ] Notre Dame
    • James Daniels [ G/C ] Iowa
    • Billy Price [ G/C ] Ohio St
    • Will Hernandez [ OG ] UTEP
    • Leighton Vander Esch [ OLB ] Boise St.
    • Christian Kirk [ WR ] Texas A&M
    • Isaiah Oliver [ CB ] Colorado
    • Sam Hubbard [ EDGE ] Ohio St.
    • Arden Key [ EDGE ] LSU
    • James Washington [ WR ] Oklahoma St.
    • Dallas Goedert [ TE ] S. Dak. St.
    • Harrison Phillips [ DT ] Stanford

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2018 at 10:09 PM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Bills Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Quarterback: The Bills were never interested in seeing Tyrod Taylor succeed, ridding the roster of pass catchers who suited Taylor’s limited skill set and replacing them with players who couldn’t get open. Per Next Gen Stats, no wideout corps in the NFL created less separation than Buffalo’s. Taylor was later confusingly benched for fifth-round rookie Nathan Peterman after a game in which coach Sean McDermott’s defense got humiliated for 298 rushing yards and six rushing TDs by the Saints. Either way, Taylor is almost certainly leaving town, and Peterman has shown no signs of becoming the Bills’ answer. 

Defensive Front Seven: I cheated here to include two position groups, both massively deficient. Up front, Marcell Dareus is long gone and 35-year-old stalwart DT Kyle Williams is a free agent. 2016 first-round DE Shaq Lawson has shown minimal promise as a pass rusher; the 2017 Bills finished 30th in sacks (27). MLB Preston Brown, SLB Ramon Humber, and WLB Matt Milano were the Bills’ main three 2017 linebackers, and the first two are free agents. This front seven is headed for an overhaul. 

Wide Receiver: Despite a rare playoff berth, the Bills are one of the neediest teams in the league. Arguably 2017’s biggest overachiever, Buffalo won 6-of-9 games by one score and finished 4-6 after a surprise 5-2 start. The Bills could also use a young back to groom behind 30-year-old workhorse LeSean McCoy, competition for C Ryan Groy, RG Vlad Ducasse, and RT Jordan Mills, and potentially two new cornerback starters with RCB E.J. Gaines and slot CB Leonard Johnson unsigned. Adding wideout talent must remain a priority despite Buffalo’s 2017 acquisitions of separation-lacking Kelvin Benjamin and historically inefficient rookie Zay Jones. Jordan Matthews and Deonte Thompson are free agents. 

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb [DE] NC State

4.Cleveland(From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [RB] Penn St.

5.Denver - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.NY Jets - Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma

7.Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick [ FS ] Alabama

8.Chicago - Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.

9.San Francisco - Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech

10.Oakland - Roquan Smith [ ILB ] Georgia

11.Miami - Marcus Davenport [ DE ] UTSA

12.Cincinnati - Connor Williams [ OT ] Texas

13.Washington - Vita Vea [ DT ] Washington

14.Green Bay - Derwin James [ SS ] Florida St.

15.Arizona - Josh Allen [ QB ] Wyoming

16.Baltimore - Calvin Ridley [ WR ] Alabama

17.LA Chargers - Rashaan Evans [ ILB ] Alabama

18.Seattle - Isaiah Wynn [ G/T] Georgia

19.Dallas - Da'Ron Payne [ DT ] Alabama

20.Detroit - Maurice Hurst    [    DT    ]    Michigan

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

Went Lamar 1 and Daniels 2. 

Turnover a new leaf in Buffalo and Jackson is a polarizing player who fits nicely in Dabolls offense. Daniels could replace Wood at C or start out at RG if Groy plays well enough. 

Bills can focus on front 7 of the D in round 2.

I picked Lamar 1st and Billy Price 2nd. Buffalo does need help on the defensive front 7, but with Wood retiring, Price is a solid pick, and Buffalo needs a QB of the future. I am a little more willing to give Lamar a chance than most of the Buffalo hopeful.

BTW this is one of the worst case scenarios for the Bills with no Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne, or Rashaan Evans on the board.

Guess I'll take Jackson due to process of elimination. And Sam Hubbard after...

I know Billy price will be a popular pick but people don't realize that Ryan Groy was our starter when Wood was injured and was amazing 2 years ago. Many of us fans believe he is actually better than Eric. Think he is our answer to the position... However we will need a new backup center

I don’t understand— if they’re disgruntled with Tyrod at QB, why would they pick Jackson? Seems like they want a classic pocket passer. 

And I get it, Tyrod isn’t the kind of player Jackson is. But Lamar could easily end up a faster, more elusive Tyrod. 

Went with Billy Price then Christian Kirk.

9 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

I don’t understand— if they’re disgruntled with Tyrod at QB, why would they pick Jackson? Seems like they want a classic pocket passer. 

And I get it, Tyrod isn’t the kind of player Jackson is. But Lamar could easily end up a faster, more elusive Tyrod. 

To my knowledge, they’re not moving on from Tyrod Taylor because he’s not a conventional QB. They’re moving on from him because they think he’s hit his ceiling as a passer and to this point, he’s shown to be sub par - especially in late game/obvious passing situations. The guy also has Sam Bradford syndrome and will check down way too quickly/willingly. 

I don’t think he and Jackson are similar in much aside from maybe their frames and that they both can move much better than most QBs. 

31 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

I don't think they necessarily want a pocket passer, just someone who can pass from the pocket. Jackson has shown a willingness to try and improve in that area and should only get better. 

15 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

Jackson and Taylor aren't similar at all. I believe the reason they soured on Tyrod Taylor is because he became checkdown charlie. They need someone that can drive the ball down the field with confidence. Lamar Jackson can do that.

Archived