Mock Draft Central/Prospect to Pick Predictions

DreamKid

So. As of now, with a bit more than three weeks to go before the draft, my prediction for Baltimore's pick at 16 is... Derrius Guice. I don't know. He just seems like a guy this front office and team overall would be really high on (like Humphrey last year) and somewhat fits a need. Allen did a respectable job of getting short yardage when needed last season but I feel fairly confident in saying the Ravens want a true workhorse back there. Collins is the lightning, and very effective in a role that doesn't see him getting a ton of carries. Dixon is coming back but he's not exactly reliable and Javorius is in the last year of his contract. This makes sense since Guice might not be a reach at 16 now that things are coming to a head.

Just to note - I don't want this to happen. I think Baltimore is fine at running back regardless. But it doesn't feel like drafting a wide receiver high is something the team (ever) wants to do and I'm not sure about another linebacker. If giving Mosley a new contract isn't in the plans, sure like I mentioned in the other thread it makes sense, but at the same time I still think he gets a new deal. If the dime is here to stay as a significant part of the defense, then the sets with two off-ball linebackers (base and nickel) don't have quite the importance they once did.I'm not sure that's happening but the NFL is trending that way and I think this is something teams need to trend with not fight against. 

I think... If there is a crazy run on WR's I can see ravens taking either Hayden Hurst or Dallas Goedert at 16. If they have the top pick at WR, then they will go with Ridley, if only Ridley is gone, they will pick DJ Moore. They will not though take the 3rd, 4th, 5th receiver in the 1st round like they did with Perriman.

So my updated list of players I realistically think will be available at 16 listed in order id take them.

1A/B Ridley/Moore 

2) Hayden Hurst (fills a big need)

3) Rashaan Evans (Smith and Edmunds are gone and this fills a big need)

4) Mike McGlinchey 

5) Derrius Juice

On 4/5/2018 at 12:07 PM, paraven said:

I think... If there is a crazy run on WR's I can see ravens taking either Hayden Hurst or Dallas Goedert at 16. If they have the top pick at WR, then they will go with Ridley, if only Ridley is gone, they will pick DJ Moore. They will not though take the 3rd, 4th, 5th receiver in the 1st round like they did with Perriman.

Sure I agree, but taking the 3/4/5th best receiver in the draft at #26 is a bit different calculus value-wise than #16.

24 minutes ago, paraven said:

you mean like the bengals taking the 3rd best at 12 B|

It was 9 actually :)

Another time (of many) that I'm glad sportstalk radio callers don't make our picks.  Significant contingent of folks lamenting them getting a corner in the first over a WR.  The 4th WR off the board?  Zay Jones in the 2nd.

34 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

It was 9 actually :)

Another time (of many) that I'm glad sportstalk radio callers don't make our picks.  Significant contingent of folks lamenting them getting a corner in the first over a WR.  The 4th WR off the board?  Zay Jones in the 2nd.

lol I couldnt remember if it was 9 or 12, makes it even crazier when you think about it!

On 4/6/2018 at 10:34 AM, paraven said:

So my updated list of players I realistically think will be available at 16 listed in order id take them.

1A/B Ridley/Moore 

2) Hayden Hurst (fills a big need)

3) Rashaan Evans (Smith and Edmunds are gone and this fills a big need)

4) Mike McGlinchey 

5) Derrius Juice

I would throw up if this happened.

Its insane how much his value has been inflated. I really liked him months back when he was considered a 4th/5th round pick. I liked him just as much as I liked Mike Gesicki and stated that he should be in that 2nd/3rd Round conversation. 

Dallas Goedert is still the class of the position. But even then, I might be convinced to take him with a late late 1st round, but not at 16. No tight end in this class is that good. I see them as 2nd round values. Perhaps if Goedert put up Mike Gesicki numbers at his proday and was healthy enough to dominate the Senior Bowl, I might’ve changed my tune some on him at 16, but certainly not Hurst.

• 3 weeks later...

Did one last sim on walkthemock (rankings seem a bit out of date):

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for BAL via Default ranking

1:16 - SS Derwin James, Florida St. 
2:20 - WR D.J. Moore, Maryland 
3:19 - C Frank Ragnow, Arkansas 
4:18 - LB Shaquem Griffin, UCF 
5:17 - RB Bo Scarbrough, Alabama 
6:16 - TE Durham Smythe, Notre Dame 
6:41 - EDGE Olasunkanmi Adeniyi, Toledo 
7:20 - OT Chris Brown, USC 

Some final mock draft picks for the Ravens: