fun mock!

ya ya

packers trade Rodgers QB and Cobb WR the Cleveland for picks 1-4-33-35 and 2 in 19.Then trade number one to buffalo for picks 21-22 and tyrod taylor.

with pick no. 4-fitzpatrick CB

14-vita vea DT

21-davenport DE/LB

22-vander esch ILB

33-okorafor OT

35-Michel RB

45-gesicki TE

76-white SS

114-fumagalli TE

133-white QB

150-nelson CB

172-benkurt QB

174-toth OT

lst 3 picks trade for lower ones in 19.

this will make us competitive and cost fit for some time.

With that many pics I think you could make a few trades up and acquire more true difference makers.  Plus I would probably use number four for a QB and trade up from 14 for Edmonds.  I think you have to move up from the bills pick to get Davenport as well but Landry who might be there is not a bad consolation prize. 

Sports is supposed to be entertaining for all us and if for some crazy scenario this were to happen, it sure would make the Packers interesting and entertaining. 

Why does it seem like every quarterback not named Rogers or Brady people view as total garbage? I’m not saying Taylor is a world beater but Nick Foles just want to Super Bowl as did Trent Dilfer. You can win Super Bowl‘s without Hall of Fame quarterbacks if the rest of your team is good enough. 

23 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Why does it seem like every quarterback not named Rogers or Brady people view as total garbage? I’m not saying Taylor is a world beater but Nick Foles just want to Super Bowl as did Trent Dilfer. You can win Super Bowl‘s without Hall of Fame quarterbacks if the rest of your team is good enough. 

Dilfer also had a all time great defense to help him, really doubt all these draft picks would swing us to the super bowl. You're banking on them all not being busts. Tyrod isnt trash, but that dropoff is mighty steep for the draft picks in return.

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

I agree with this, but not Taylor.  Somebody just posted Tyrod Taylor's numbers when trailing by 8 points or less in the fourth quarter and they are the worst numbers I have ever seen ever.  They're Brett Hundley in Lambeau numbers. 

I'm more on board with trading Rodgers than anyone, but if we do that, we need to take a QB with 4, and we need to take Chubb with 1, and we also need the Browns' first round pick next year. 

This team plus elite pass rusher plus anything above a bust at QB plus 14th overall plus the Browns pick in 2019 could win a Super Bowl within three years.  I'd be fine with that. 

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Did you watch the Vikings and Patriots games? Did Nick Foles play like Tyrod Taylor? This argument is such a poor one. Nick Foles played like an All-Pro, no different than Brady or Rodgers would've.

34 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Dilfer also had a all time great defense to help him, really doubt all these draft picks would swing us to the super bowl. You're banking on them all not being busts. Tyrod isnt trash, but that dropoff is mighty steep for the draft picks in return.

I feel like you’re making my point. You seem to be implying that you can’t win unless you have a franchise quarterback yet we have arguably the best if not the second best quarterback in all of the NFL and we’ve only been to one Super Bowl with him  

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did you watch the Vikings and Patriots games? Did Nick Foles play like Tyrod Taylor? This argument is such a poor one. Nick Foles played like an All-Pro, no different than Brady or Rodgers would've.

Before this year would you have taken Nick Foles to be your starting quarterback over Taylor? I feel like the honest answer is no or else Nick Foles would probably have been starting for the bills. You’re not arguing the point that Foles is any elite quarterback are you? Because he certainly not and yet the eagles won a Super Bowl with him, a career “average “quarterback at best

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Before this year would you have taken Nick Foles to be your starting quarterback over Taylor? I feel like the honest answer is no or else Nick Foles would probably have been starting for the bills. 

You're just trying to use his prior struggle to prove a bad point. Your QB has to play at an elite level or you have to have a defense playing at an all time level to win a SB. That's it, there's no other option. Peyton Manning sucked, but that defense in DEN was playing at an all time level. Dilfer sucked but that defense was playing at an all time level. Every other SB winner in the last 15 years had a QB playing elite at that time.

Tyrod Taylor hasn't played an elite game in his life.

You're trying to make it sound like since Foles won the SB you can add any rag tag QB to your roster and win it all, ignoring the fact that Foles was the best QB in the NFL for this years playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You're just trying to use his prior struggle to prove a bad point. Your QB has to play at an elite level or you have to have a defense playing at an all time level to win a SB. That's it, there's no other option. Peyton Manning sucked, but that defense in DEN was playing at an all time level. Dilfer sucked but that defense was playing at an all time level. Every other SB winner in the last 15 years had a QB playing elite at that time.

Tyrod Taylor hasn't played an elite game in his life.

You're trying to make it sound like since Foles won the SB you can add any rag tag QB to your roster and win it all, ignoring the fact that Foles was the best QB in the NFL for this years playoffs.

No. What I’m saying is you don’t have to have an elite quarterback to win a Super Bowl.  Sure he has to be playing well to win that any quarterback to get hot for a while. There’s an elite quarterback increased those odds sure but there’s no guarantee look at Rogers he’s got just as many Super Bowl wins as Nick Foles. You do have to have a good defense as well I agree with that. If Nick Foles what I am not sure if he’s a free agent or not could be had for third or fourth round pick right now  and we Garner all those extra pics from Aaron Rodgers… This team could win the Super Bowl the next couple years. Look at the list of Super Bowl champions the last 15 years, not every team had any Lee quarterback it can’t be done other ways is all I’m saying. Super Bowl champions the last 15 years, not every team had any Lee quarterback it can’t be done other ways is all I’m saying

14 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

No. What I’m saying is you don’t have to have an elite quarterback to win a Super Bowl.  Sure he has to be playing well to win that any quarterback to get hot for a while. There’s an elite quarterback increased those odds sure but there’s no guarantee look at Rogers he’s got just as many Super Bowl wins as Nick Foles. You do have to have a good defense as well I agree with that. If Nick Foles what I am not sure if he’s a free agent or not could be had for third or fourth round pick right now  and we Garner all those extra pics from Aaron Rodgers… This team could win the Super Bowl the next couple years. Look at the list of Super Bowl champions the last 15 years, not every team had any Lee quarterback it can’t be done other ways is all I’m saying. Super Bowl champions the last 15 years, not every team had any Lee quarterback it can’t be done other ways is all I’m saying

You need a QB playing at an elite level. Rodgers does that at probably an 80% clip. Foles probably a 15% clip, Taylor at a 5% clip.

I could bet on something with 100-1 odds and win, that's certainly plausible. Does that mean I should bet on that 100-1 odd every single time? Or are my odds still better at 5-1?

You have a better chance to win the SB with Aaron Rodgers than you do any QB not named Brady. A litany of things can happen to hurt those odds, but at the start of the season every year, you're still #2.

Just because a team with long odds had a bunch of things go their way, doesn't mean that's the model you follow to win it all.

Archived