fun mock!

ya ya

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You need a QB playing at an elite level. Rodgers does that at probably an 80% clip. Foles probably a 15% clip, Taylor at a 5% clip.

I could bet on something with 100-1 odds and win, that's certainly plausible. Does that mean I should bet on that 100-1 odd every single time? Or are my odds still better at 5-1?

You have a better chance to win the SB with Aaron Rodgers than you do any QB not named Brady. A litany of things can happen to hurt those odds, but at the start of the season every year, you're still #2.

Just because a team with long odds had a bunch of things go their way, doesn't mean that's the model you follow to win it all.

I agree with all that we can use your model which would imply is the only way to do it, and we’ve only come with it with one Super Bowl win. There are so many other variables besides having an elite quarterback. Right now we are not good enough to win a Super Bowl even with arguably the best quarterback in the league.Right now we are not good enough to win a Super Bowl even with arguably the best quarterback in the league.

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

I agree with all that we can use your model which would imply is the only way to do it, and we’ve only come with it with one Super Bowl win. There are so many other variables besides having an elite quarterback. Right now we are not good enough to win a Super Bowl even with arguably the best quarterback in the league.Right now we are not good enough to win a Super Bowl even with arguably the best quarterback in the league.

Yeah defense, health and luck are probably 2,3,4 and we've been lacking in all 3 categories. QB play is still far and away #1.

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah defense, health and luck are probably 2,3,4 and we've been lacking in all 3 categories. QB play is still far and away #1.

But you don’t have to have one of the top two quarterbacks in the league to get it done. Furthermore what Aaron Rodgers demands $30 million a year your chances of putting pieces around him drastically go down. Unless we can get those pieces now before that happens we will never be back on top until after he retires. Or the cap skyrockets. 

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

But you don’t have to have one of the top two quarterbacks in the league to get it done. Furthermore what Aaron Rodgers demands $30 million a year your chances of putting pieces around him drastically go down. Unless we can get those pieces now before that happens we will never be back on top until after he retires. Or the cap skyrockets. 

We'll just agree to disagree, you don't need a top 2 QB, but if you have one, you're better off than the rest.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll just agree to disagree, you don't need a top 2 QB, but if you have one, you're better off than the rest.

Really, I don’t think we disagree all that much it’s just on this issue I feel there’s more than one way to get it done. 

The top two quarterback does you no good if you don’t have the pieces around him and if we don’t get it done in the next year or two, once Aaron Rodgers starts to make 30,000,000+ a year you can’t afford those other pieces.

What if you traded him for that hall and then use his cap space to sign Drew Brees for two years? 

Look I’m not advocating we trade Rogers all I’m saying is that if we did and receive something similar to that in return the team is not doomed to be the Clevend Brown’s for the next 20 years

4 hours ago, ya ya said:

packers trade Rodgers QB and Cobb WR the Cleveland for picks 1-4-33-35 and 2 in 19.Then trade number one to buffalo for picks 21-22 and tyrod taylor.

with pick no. 4-fitzpatrick CB

14-vita vea DT

21-davenport DE/LB

22-vander esch ILB

33-okorafor OT

35-Michel RB

45-gesicki TE

76-white SS

114-fumagalli TE

133-white QB

150-nelson CB

172-benkurt QB

174-toth OT

lst 3 picks trade for lower ones in 19.

this will make us competitive and cost fit for some time.

How does this make us competitive without a QB who can play? If you trade away the #1 overall pick for the 21st and 22nd you'd be fired immediately. ouch, this is a no thanks of epic proportion! 

3 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

I feel like you’re making my point. You seem to be implying that you can’t win unless you have a franchise quarterback yet we have arguably the best if not the second best quarterback in all of the NFL and we’ve only been to one Super Bowl with him  

Don't think I was implying that, hard to when like you said it's been done before. My question is asking if the players you draft will be enough to get over the hump without rodgers? I gotta say it doesn't look great on paper for what we got in return. For example other than picks, we couldn't get an elite player in return from a team other than Tyrod? You're essentially  throwing your chips into one draft here.

51 minutes ago, Golfman said:

How does this make us competitive without a QB who can play? If you trade away the #1 overall pick for the 21st and 22nd you'd be fired immediately. ouch, this is a no thanks of epic proportion! 

I was thinking the same thing and started a comment with "Tyrod Taylor?" - at which time I caught on we're getting all of CLE's top picks - so supposedly we're gonna draft a QB which whatever top pick we dont give BUF for picks 21-22. I guess. I'm kinda making it up as I go on this one. 

One things for sure....it'll have draft day buzzing like that totally absurd movie with Kevin Kostner! Wont be a day for the faint hearted  :D

I don't think being a 4 or 5 win dumpster fire is any fun.  All the rookies in the world isn't going to cover the significant and franchise ruining gap between Tryod Taylor and Aaron Rodgers.  We'd have one of the 3 or 4 worst teams in the NFL and would likely struggle to make the playoffs for the next half decade or so. 

This is only fun if you like Mock drafts and don't have the slightest bit of care in the world how it effects the franchise going forward.

I was looking at the future costs with Rodgers. Also the first 4 picks should upgrade our defense. Taylor adds a different dimension than  Hundley and given a better running game this team would be fun to watch.Two TE 's should help also.You could swap out Rudolph QB at 21-22 picks.that could carry us if taylor smells it up.

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Don't think I was implying that, hard to when like you said it's been done before. My question is asking if the players you draft will be enough to get over the hump without rodgers? I gotta say it doesn't look great on paper for what we got in return. For example other than picks, we couldn't get an elite player in return from a team other than Tyrod? You're essentially  throwing your chips into one draft here.

Oh I agree with that. What I’m saying is that with those picks you could potentially find 5-6 difference makers along with your future QB. Then use the money saved fr M Rogers to get your a pretty decent veteran QB. 

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You're just trying to use his prior struggle to prove a bad point. Your QB has to play at an elite level or you have to have a defense playing at an all time level to win a SB. That's it, there's no other option. Peyton Manning sucked, but that defense in DEN was playing at an all time level. Dilfer sucked but that defense was playing at an all time level. Every other SB winner in the last 15 years had a QB playing elite at that time.

Tyrod Taylor hasn't played an elite game in his life.

You're trying to make it sound like since Foles won the SB you can add any rag tag QB to your roster and win it all, ignoring the fact that Foles was the best QB in the NFL for this years playoffs.

Yes, if you don't have an elite defense your QB has to play like Foles did.  He caught lighting in a bottle this past post season but chances are good he'll return to his usual play next season.  Eli Manning is a 2x Super Bowl winner but I don't think he is elite.  He too caught fire at the right time.  When he isn't playing out of his mind he is pretty pedestrian.  Right now we have a player who is able to carry an offense almost by himself.  Why anyone would want to trade away possibly the best player in the game today with the off-chance some kid we draft will be wonderful is crazy IMO.  

5 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Really, I don’t think we disagree all that much it’s just on this issue I feel there’s more than one way to get it done. 

The top two quarterback does you no good if you don’t have the pieces around him and if we don’t get it done in the next year or two, once Aaron Rodgers starts to make 30,000,000+ a year you can’t afford those other pieces.

What if you traded him for that hall and then use his cap space to sign Drew Brees for two years? 

Look I’m not advocating we trade Rogers all I’m saying is that if we did and receive something similar to that in return the team is not doomed to be the Clevend Brown’s for the next 20 years

Drew Brees is 38 years old.  Rodgers is only 34.  I'd rather take my chances with 5+ years of elite QB play rather than 1 or 2, if Brees' play doesn't fall off a cliff going into this season.  

4 hours ago, Leader said:

I was thinking the same thing and started a comment with "Tyrod Taylor?" - at which time I caught on we're getting all of CLE's top picks - so supposedly we're gonna draft a QB which whatever top pick we dont give BUF for picks 21-22. I guess. I'm kinda making it up as I go on this one. 

One things for sure....it'll have draft day buzzing like that totally absurd movie with Kevin Kostner! Wont be a day for the faint hearted  :D

If Gutey does what ya ya here suggests he'll go down in history as the second dumbest draft move since Mike Ditka traded away his draft for Ricky Williams.

Archived