Is It Me Or Does Rosen Have A Stink Of Cutler/Leaf?

Phingasm 23

1 minute ago, Phingasm 23 said:

I hear what you're saying.  But regardless of the Oline Tannehill has never had the pocket presence to avoid the rush.  Watch the tape if you want.  He just crumbles.  So yes, the Oline has been horrendous at protecting him T-hill himself almost runs towards them ala Favre with Sapp's last sack.  

We're year 7 of the Tannehill project.  Now he's injured and we all have to say has the distinct possibility of being less mobile than pre-injury due to both physical and psychological ramifications of having been injured and what it meant for him.  Mayfield has been the best QB in FBS for the last two years setting records in tds, yardage, completions and low ints.  That wasn't all against Big 10 porous D's either as he tore apart both the dominant Buckeye and the Bulldog defenses single handily.  You wouldn't take him at 11 or make a move to snag him and cause competition and have a succession plan?  Then take Andrews Guice or Chubb in second round and sure I agree then toss the rest at O line.  

Tim Tebow set all of the college records, too.

Something something spread QBs something something.

3 minutes ago, Phingasm 23 said:

I'm a Gator.  Tebow didn't set any passing records.  Get your facts straight.

Didn't specifically say passing records. The point is putting up flashing bulk stats in a spread offense in college and NFL success are things that aren't really correlated.

Baker's release will hurt him in a pro style offense. His success has a pro will be whether he can correct it.

I would absolutely draft Mayfield at pick 11.  I don’t see any huge problems with his release.....sometimes it’s a little low and out to the side and could use a little tweaking, but most NFL QB prospects will need some mechanic tweaking.  His footwork is very good although it can be inconsistent at times.  His accuracy is elite at the collegiate level IMO and he shows the potential to bring that same accuracy to the NFL with a 3 year learning curve.  His arm strength is good enough to make all the throws into tight windows.

If Mayfield is available at 11, I think we draft him and use our remaining picks on a LB, OG or OT depending where want Jesse Davis to play next season, and a TE........the great news is that some great TE’s had some poor combines, like Fumigalli and Izzo, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we drafted 2 TE’s in this draft.

We had poor play from several positions last season, but none hurt us more than the poor play at the backup QB position.  Mayfield sits for a year and at worse gives us some bargaining power to restructure Tannehill in 2019 to a more team friendly deal.

23 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I would absolutely draft Mayfield at pick 11.  I don’t see any huge problems with his release.....sometimes it’s a little low and out to the side and could use a little tweaking, but most NFL QB prospects will need some mechanic tweaking.  His footwork is very good although it can be inconsistent at times.  His accuracy is elite at the collegiate level IMO and he shows the potential to bring that same accuracy to the NFL with a 3 year learning curve.  His arm strength is good enough to make all the throws into tight windows.

If Mayfield is available at 11, I think we draft him and use our remaining picks on a LB, OG or OT depending where want Jesse Davis to play next season, and a TE........the great news is that some great TE’s had some poor combines, like Fumigalli and Izzo, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we drafted 2 TE’s in this draft.

We had poor play from several positions last season, but none hurt us more than the poor play at the backup QB position.  Mayfield sits for a year and at worse gives us some bargaining power to restructure Tannehill in 2019 to a more team friendly deal.

Dilly Dilly I agree with Swampbilly.

Archived