Leisher's 2018 Mock #? Trade up for Nelson.

jleisher

No cap stuff, no pictures, no free agents, just a simple mock draft using the Fan speak simulator with trades.  I used Bleacher Reports Matt Miller's big board from 2/28/18 for this mock and Draftblaster for scouting reports.

Green Bay Packers 2018 Mock Draft:

The Packers trade up to #3 with the Colts, Packers have to give up #14 2018, #1 2019 and #1 2020 for this pick.  This is the only trade offer the simulator would take.

1#3.  Bradley Chubb Edge  NC St.  (SIKE!  NO, NELSON!)  Pass rusher with strength that holds up against the run, power off the edge.  Was it worth the cost? (I looked at it as the Packers window is getting smaller, the Colts, well they don't have a window yet, so I pulled the trigger.)

2#13.  Trade down with Browns, Packers get 2#32 and 3#1.

2#32.  Hayden Hurst TE  S. Carolina    Fierce competitor/team leader.  Reliable catcher and willing blocker.

3#1.  Trade down with Broncos for 3#7 and 3#35.

3#7.  Frank Ragnow C  Arkansas    Capable of taking on powerful DL, could be RG option.

3#12.  Brian O'Neill T  Pittsburgh    Converted TE, extremely athletic, aptitude for learning, might take a year of two.

3#35.  Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Edge  Oklahoma    Quick footed edge rusher, sack artist with varity of moves.  (Chubb and Okoronkwo replace Perry and CMJ in 2019)

4#14.  Dante Pettis WR  Washington    Excellent route runner, burst off line, great hands.

4#33.  Deontay Burnett WR  USC    Reliable catcher, top end speed, excellent route runner, high football IQ.

5#13.  Kevin Toliver CB  LSU    Tall, strong, physical CB plays with edge.  Excels in press/man coverage.

5#35.  Fred Warner ILB  BYU    Natural leader, high football IQ, exceptional tackler with gap discipline, moves well.

5#37.  Tony Brown CB  Alabama    ST Ace, very fast, excellent all around athlete.  Willing and able tackler.

6#12.  Shaquem Griffin LB/ST  UCF    High energy player, ST Ace with Brown, situational pass rusher.

6#33.  Daurice Fountain WR  N. Iowa    Elite top speed, extremely athletic, shifty WR?RS, good YAC.

7#14.  Cody O'Connell G  Washington St.    Versatile G prospect, Road grader that also excels in pass protection.

7#21.  Logan Woodside QB  Toledo    Fairly refined with smooth delivery, confident in pocket.  Operated under wide open spread attack.

Enjoy, or not!

Trades are WILDLY unrealistic.

Packers aren't trading 3 first round picks in order to select Chubb.  We saw Washington do it, and that was a bad decision.  Chubb is NOT worth 3 first round picks.

That trade down with the Browns would probably require the Packers to send at least a 4th round pick back.  That Broncos trade down likely fetches a 5th round pick as compensation.  Not a 3rd round pick.

7 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Interesting mock but Chubb better be so really special to give up 3 number 1’s for him. What edge in today’s NFL is worth 3 ones right now? That’s a LOT to give up. 

I agree, please see reply to Apex.  I try different angles with the simulator and just see what I can come up with.  One mock I traded down with the Bills, they selected Mayfield and I got Davenport and Vea at #21 and #22.  I liked that deal.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Trades are WILDLY unrealistic.

Packers aren't trading 3 first round picks in order to select Chubb.  We saw Washington do it, and that was a bad decision.  Chubb is NOT worth 3 first round picks.

That trade down with the Browns would probably require the Packers to send at least a 4th round pick back.  That Broncos trade down likely fetches a 5th round pick as compensation.  Not a 3rd round pick.

Hey, the simulator offered the trade downs and the picks, as unrealistic as they might be to you, that was the trade offers.  So, you can argue with the simulator.  I have no control over that sir.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:36 PM, jleisher said:

Hey, the simulator offered the trade downs and the picks, as unrealistic as they might be to you, that was the trade offers.  So, you can argue with the simulator.  I have no control over that sir.

I'm just telling you how I feel.  These simulators are what they are.  A fun exercise.

Archived