Robert Quinn traded to Dolphins

RamRod

I don't want to be officially pissed until I hear the compensation, but he was just starting to understand his role the second half of the season. I don't like this move at first glance. Hope we get a player from their Oline or 2nd round pick

6 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I don't want to be officially pissed until I hear the compensation, but he was just starting to understand his role the second half of the season. I don't like this move at first glance. Hope we get a player from their Oline or 2nd round pick

Their OL is nothing to write home about outside of James and an overpriced Pouncey.

And, sorry, but i don't bye the "just starting to understand his role"... Wade's scheme is pretty straightforward, especially for edge-rushers.  Quinn just was a tad too dependent on rushing out of a 3-point stance in spite of his athleticism and didn't really take to rushing out of the 7-tech versus having a tackle or TE he could set up with handwork and counter thereoffJoy.

What this is more telling to me is that 1) Wade's signed off on Ebukam as a starter and likely given a stamp of approval on several of the guys in this rookie class (to his credit, he got quality production out of Shane Ray who I had some serious doubts about); and 2) the club is putting in significant work to try and retain two of the three of Joyner, Tru, and Watkins.  With the cap-room this will free up, I won't be shocked if we hear about an extension of one of the three in the coming days and, at worst, the tagging of another soon after.

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

And we supposedly swap picks too. Maybe we move up in 1st or 3rd? Either way. bad bad bad. No pass rush now.

Were Donald and Brockers involved in a fatal car accident and I wasn't informed?

10 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Give us Sam Hubbard with our 1st pick! He'd be the perfect replacement (imho) dude is a beast

I think you can pencil in one of him or Landry (or Davenport if he falls, but with the way I expect him to test, he's the kind of guy that teams will reach for in spite of him being raw) to us in the 1st.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Their OL is nothing to write home about outside of James and an overpriced Pouncey.

And, sorry, but i don't bye the "just starting to understand his role"... Wade's scheme is pretty straightforward, especially for edge-rushers.  Quinn just was a tad too dependent on rushing out of a 3-point stance in spite of his athleticism and didn't really take to rushing out of the 7-tech versus having a tackle or TE he could set up with handwork and counter thereoffJoy.

What this is more telling to me is that 1) Wade's signed off on Ebukam as a starter and likely given a stamp of approval on several of the guys in this rookie class (to his credit, he got quality production out of Shane Ray who I had some serious doubts about); and 2) the club is putting in significant work to try and retain two of the three of Joyner, Tru, and Watkins.  With the cap-room this will free up, I won't be shocked if we hear about an extension of one of the three in the coming days and, at worst, the tagging of another soon after.

He had 6 sacks in the last 4 games of the season he played. Yes, he was starting to come on and was healthy.

Don't like Ebukam as a starter and will likely have a rookie opposite him next year. Don't like that either.

If this means we can sign Joyner/Watkins/Tru out of this it would go a long way.

And I should have said no edge rush now. My mistake.

Archived