Rams trade DE Robert Quinn to Miami

cddolphin

WTH?  Quinn is a good player, but he's expensive.  Given that the Fins are broke, this all but guarantees that Suh is gone.  Add DT somewhere near the top of the draft needs list.  Does 5th round equate to mid-round?

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

WTH?  Quinn is a good player, but he's expensive.  Given that the Fins are broke, this all but guarantees that Suh is gone.  Add DT somewhere near the top of the draft needs list.  Does 5th round equate to mid-round?

I hope mid means 5th.

I really like the player, the salary isn’t crazy except that we have cap issues.  I understand why the Rams let Quinn go since he’s a nasty 4-3 DE and Rams transitioned to a 3-4.  I’m wondering if we look to restructure Suh and try to trade Wake ( tearing up ).  If we think we can get a QB upgrade over T-Hill this draft then that could make sense.  Then we could drop T-Hill in 2019 unless he agrees to much less money in which he would likely still be traded.  That would create the cap room for Suh’s restructure prorated money from this year.

Maybe something like, Wake and Landry and draft picks all packaged to Indianapolis for their number 3 pick? 

Colts need a WR to pair with TY Hilton, and they need a dynamic pass rusher on Defense ( Wake has 3-4 and 4-3 edge experience ).......with our number 11 pick they would still get their OLineman upgrade and they have over $60 mil in cap space.

Or maybe we keep Wake and the Colts get Landry and Juwan James.

7 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I really like the player, the salary isn’t crazy except that we have cap issues.  I understand why the Rams let Quinn go since he’s a nasty 4-3 DE and Rams transitioned to a 3-4.  I’m wondering if we look to restructure Suh and try to trade Wake ( tearing up ).  If we think we can get a QB upgrade over T-Hill this draft then that could make sense.  Then we could drop T-Hill in 2019 unless he agrees to much less money in which he would likely still be traded.  That would create the cap room for Suh’s restructure prorated money from this year.

Suh is great but I don’t want us to restructure him, I think he is paid too much for a DT. You may be right as we need to generate some funds but don’t want this to be a yearly problem us not having any space. 

Think CD is right there must be a corresponding move lined up. 

I like Quinn and if he was at 5 mil a season I would be chuffed especially when comparing him to Branch but seems a strange move in isolation.

3 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Suh is great but I don’t want us to restructure him, I think he is paid too much for a DT. You may be right as we need to generate some funds but don’t want this to be a yearly problem us not having any space. 

Think CD is right there must be a corresponding move lined up. 

I like Quinn and if he was at 5 mil a season I would be chuffed especially when comparing him to Branch but seems a strange move in isolation.

The team really needed some pass rush help, so in that regard it makes a lot of sense.  But that's about where the sense ends.

There was a rumor a couple of weeks ago that Seattle had asked about a Suh trade, and restructure. I don't know what was said, but Suh is from Oregon. Seattle is going home for him. And before anyone says that Suh wouldn't care, did you look at his pictures during the USO tour. He was wearing an I love Oregon T-shirt, not a Dolphins shirt like some of the other players. Seattle is a Superbowl contender this season. You add Suh to that nasty defense, that could put them over the top. Seattle has 14 million in cap space right now. They could easily work out a new contract with Suh, and still have enough to sign draft picks.

2 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

There was a rumor a couple of weeks ago that Seattle had asked about a Suh trade, and restructure. I don't know what was said, but Suh is from Oregon. Seattle is going home for him. And before anyone says that Suh wouldn't care, did you look at his pictures during the USO tour. He was wearing an I love Oregon T-shirt, not a Dolphins shirt like some of the other players. Seattle is a Superbowl contender this season. You add Suh to that nasty defense, that could put them over the top. Seattle has 14 million in cap space right now. They could easily work out a new contract with Suh, and still have enough to sign draft picks.

Fingers crossed not much cap relief but would always rather getting something for him.

33 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Probably one of our two 4th round picks.  I don’t think we have a 5th round pick since we used it to acquire Stephane Anthony last year.  We are also swapping late round picks, probably a 7th.

Archived