Gotham (FOX)

Manny/Patrick

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2018 at 2:36 AM, Manny/Patrick said:

Amazing episode, Jerome, MaddHatter,Scarecrow was great to watch. The show needs more of these teamups

They also have the Penguin, Riddler and Mr. Freeze running around.  They also seem to be building the Selina Kyle/Bruce "thing".  Throw in the Barbara/Women's league thing and there's plenty of the team-ups you are looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Season 5 will be the last, and apparently, he will become Batman by the end....which is a joke unless there is a major time lapse and another actor portrays Bruce Wayne/Batman.

The show isnt terrible, but it made so many mistakes, including making it basically be about Batman without actually having Batman.  They shouldve just made a Batman show if this was the route they were going to take.

I found this season very hit or miss. Some episodes excellent, some terrible. Show looks pretty expensive to make, surprised its going another season.

That kid playing Bruce. Looks 110lbs soaking wet. Hope he has a bulk up plan if he is to be Batman by the end.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The show isnt terrible, but it made so many mistakes, including making it basically be about Batman without actually having Batman.  They shouldve just made a Batman show if this was the route they were going to take.

This show lost me after season 2. Mostly because it finally showed flashes of what it could have been, which made everything else soooo disappointing.

The fact that they completely shoved the Bruce Storyline in there really hurts the story. Honestly, at this point, Jim Gordon is a big enough name that they could have (and should have) just stuck with a Gotham themed Procedural police Drama. The history and depth of low level criminals, Crime Bosses, and political corruption that is so prevalent in all Batman stories should have been more than enough to drive the story for 5+ seasons, but they had to force Bruce into the forefront.

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This show lost me after season 2. Mostly because it finally showed flashes of what it could have been, which made everything else soooo disappointing.

The fact that they completely shoved the Bruce Storyline in there really hurts the story. Honestly, at this point, Jim Gordon is a big enough name that they could have (and should have) just stuck with a Gotham themed Procedural police Drama. The history and depth of low level criminals, Crime Bosses, and political corruption that is so prevalent in all Batman stories should have been more than enough to drive the story for 5+ seasons, but they had to force Bruce into the forefront.

Definitely.

I did want Bruce to EVENTUALLY have a bigger role, and I wanted to see hints of the villains we love....but the show eventually just became Kid Batman vs younger versions of his famous villains.    

IMO, the show shouldve largely focused on the crime families of Gotham. Gordon dealing with the rampant corruption within the GCPD, HINTS of Batman's villains, and Bruce's progression from a scarred child into Batman.

But, much like the movies, everything was rushed and Bruce was basically fighting crime by the 3rd season and almost every villain was introduced early on.

However, its kind of understandable.  IMO, the problem with alot of TV shows is 22+ episode seasons.  A show like this would work much better with 10-hour long episodes.    They have to fill those other episodes somehow. 

• 3 weeks later...

The season finale was a couple weeks ago. Just saw it, looks like they are going with no mans land for the final season

Firefly

Mr. Freeze

Penguin

Barbara/Harley Quinn??

Man-Bat

i didn’t recognize the mother and child.

Scarecrow

should be a great final season.

Archived